• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Machine

rickzan

Wow!I am so excited we just got a Mutoh ValueJet 1614 And it is one clean machine. We had an old roland SC 500 and it is kinda slow. Does anyone know how to print where I want to print on the media with the Mutoh, the Roland lets you move to position you set and print there.:thankyou:

OlsonSigns601

I think the control panel for the 1614 is the same as the 1204 and I've never seen any way to set the spot to print with the printer.

The only way I would be able to do that would be to set it up on the Rip to print in x amount of inches.

Congratulations on the new printer though, welcome to the world of Mutoh.

401Graphics

I think the control panel for the 1614 is the same as the 1204 and I've never seen any way to set the spot to print with the printer.

The only way I would be able to do that would be to set it up on the Rip to print in x amount of inches.

Congratulations on the new printer though, welcome to the world of Mutoh.
This is the only way that i know of also. You have to position it in the rip. In my case Flexi

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Check your users guide for the "Set Up" menu.
With the 1304 the menu is "Origin" Should be similar in the 1614
On the printer I go to Set up>Set 9>Origin and it gives me the option to set the x and y offset for the print origin. Not sure how useful it is but it is there.
The value can be saved if you need the offset more than once.

wayne k
guam usa

401Graphics

Even when i used roland printers i never set the origen point in the printer itself. If i wanted to position the print in a certain spot on the media i would set it up that way in the rip. Seems to make more sense that way IMO.

CP Signs

Same here. Pretty simple. When I click Rip/print, in the window where my design is, I can move it anywhere I want and that is where the printer will print.

rickzan

Thanks, you guys are great. I started looking closer at Flexi rip and you can give
the exact location to print to the decimal!:signs101:Rocks