• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Master Distributor for Flora UV Printers in the USA

FloraUSA

Master Distributor of Flora UV Printers in the US
I would like to introduce my new company, American Printing Systems (APS). Many of you may already know me as chrisphilipps from Graphic Resource Systems. APS was started by Dave Philipps and myself to service the Flora brand of printers in the US.

We have been appointed as the exclusive distributor of Flora UV printers in the United States effective September 1st 2018 by Shenzhen Runtianzhi Digital Equipment Co., Ltd, the makers of Flora UV Printers. We decided that it was best to start a new company for this venture instead of going forward with it under Graphic Resource Systems.

While APS may be a new company we bring over 35 years of experience in wide format printing to the Flora name. The Flora line of printers isn’t new to us, previous to starting APS, Dave and myself have been involved in the sale or service of over 14 Flora printers in the north eastern US. We have references from those customers as well if you are interested in seeing them.

I know that the previous master distributor has left many people in a bad spot and we aim on fixing any issues that they created. We will be getting all part in stock over the next couple of weeks. We already have the inks, and filters as well as UV bulbs in stock. If you own a Flora please contact us so we can get you in our database.

We are in the process of hiring a new technician as well to help with the install and service of the Flora printers, if you or anyone you know is interested please have a resume sent to support@theaps.net.

Thanks,

Chris Philipps
Head of Technical Services / Managing Partner
American Printing Systems LLC
https://www.theaps.net

chrisp@theaps.net
Phone: (862) 437-1457 Ext. 116

sales@theaps.net
support@theaps.net

icon.png

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:awesome:

Big Congrats................................. :thumb::thumb:

Will old accounts still be operating under GRS or transfering over to your new company ??

FloraUSA

Thank you Gino.

Due to details in the contract with Flora it was just easier to start a new company so all Flora related items will go thru APS, otherwise there will be no changes for GRS or it's current customer base.

FloraUSA

We will also be exhibiting at SGIA in October in booths 4527 and 4628. We will have a PP2512UV 4'x8' on display. If you are there stop by to say hello, see a demo or discuss any issues you may be having.

Emd2kick

So your going to hire 1 tech to help install and service.....still glad I skipped this mess and bought an agfa.

FloraUSA

So your going to hire 1 tech to help install and service.....still glad I skipped this mess and bought an agfa.

Emd2kick we already have 2 full time technicians that are trained on the Flora products. This would be an additional technician that is dedicated just to Flora.

Emd2kick

3 techs for the entire country, what is the time in takes to get someone out to your shop w/ a service contract?

FloraUSA

Emd2kick we have no intention of trying to service the entire country with 3 technicians. We are actively working on creating a reseller network, something that the previous distributor didn't do. These resellers would be local and be fully trained on the install, operation and repair of the equipment, similar to what Roland, Mutoh and Mimaki do now. Their technician's would be backed by our technicians. APS would stock all the parts for these printers.

We already have been servicing printers as far away from our office as southern Georgia. If there is an issue that can't be fixed over the phone and there isn't a local reseller we will get on the first available flight to fix it.

Emd2kick

Glad you have a plan in place, hopefully not too many growing pains. Good luck, and hopefully you an undo what the previous vendor did!

FloraUSA

Emd2kick thank you. We have already been putting out fires that the previous one did for a long time now and have many great references to prove it.

FloraUSA

Wow - you can't even make a corporate announcement without someone pouncing on you here.

10sacer I don't feel like we are being pounced on, I welcome the communication and feedback. The previous master distributor has made a mess of things and we are well aware of it. Under Graphic Resource Systems we were one of the previous distributor's resellers and we sold about 8 units. We saw first hand how things were dealt with. We have also been fixing issues for years for owners of Floras that didn't even purchase thru GRS. This has been something that has been talked about extensively with Flora since they approached us back in June.

John Long

I would like to introduce my new company, American Printing Systems (APS). Many of you may already know me as chrisphilipps from Graphic Resource Systems. APS was started by Dave Philipps and myself to service the Flora brand of printers in the US.

We have been appointed as the exclusive distributor of Flora UV printers in the United States effective September 1st 2018 by Shenzhen Runtianzhi Digital Equipment Co., Ltd, the makers of Flora UV Printers. We decided that it was best to start a new company for this venture instead of going forward with it under Graphic Resource Systems.

While APS may be a new company we bring over 35 years of experience in wide format printing to the Flora name. The Flora line of printers isn’t new to us, previous to starting APS, Dave and myself have been involved in the sale or service of over 14 Flora printers in the north eastern US. We have references from those customers as well if you are interested in seeing them.

I know that the previous master distributor has left many people in a bad spot and we aim on fixing any issues that they created. We will be getting all part in stock over the next couple of weeks. We already have the inks, and filters as well as UV bulbs in stock. If you own a Flora please contact us so we can get you in our database.

We are in the process of hiring a new technician as well to help with the install and service of the Flora printers, if you or anyone you know is interested please have a resume sent to support@theaps.net.

Thanks,

Chris Philipps
Head of Technical Services / Managing Partner
American Printing Systems LLC
https://www.theaps.net

chrisp@theaps.net
Phone: (862) 437-1457 Ext. 116

sales@theaps.net
support@theaps.net

icon.png

Hi Chris, Please contact me about service for our Flora FB 956-897-0566 Thanks Andy @ The Sign Depot

player

is Flora the printer that locks up and demands a code? Then you call China and the company says you're screwed because their distributor kept the money you paid? So now you're out $$$$$ and have a non functioning boat anchor?

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
is Flora the printer that locks up and demands a code? Then you call China and the company says you're screwed because their distributor kept the money you paid? So now you're out $$$$$ and have a non functioning boat anchor?
Did you not read the part where they are the NEW exclusive distributor?

FloraUSA

player The Flora printers do have a password that unlocks the communication between the printer and the controller software. Once Flora gets full payment then they issue a permanent password, until that point they issue temporary passwords that last about 30 days. It is true that the previous distributor was doing things that shouldn't have been done and some customers didn't get the permanent password because of this. We work with Flora on a case by case basis and will get this resolved. If anyone is having this issue contact APS right away and we will fix it.

player

player The Flora printers do have a password that unlocks the communication between the printer and the controller software. Once Flora gets full payment then they issue a permanent password, until that point they issue temporary passwords that last about 30 days. It is true that the previous distributor was doing things that shouldn't have been done and some customers didn't get the permanent password because of this. We work with Flora on a case by case basis and will get this resolved. If anyone is having this issue contact APS right away and we will fix it.
Do Roland printers or others have the shut down protocol?

FloraUSA

Do Roland printers or others have the shut down protocol?
player I am not sure about Roland as I have never been a Roland dealer. I do know Mutoh's can be put into an inactive state and that only Mutoh can re-activate them. Again this wasn't something that Flora themselves were doing, this was something that the previous distributor did. We will work with Flora to fix this issue for anyone that might have been effected by what the previous distributor did.