• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New member in Idaho

gnubler

Greetings, Signs101! I've been lurking here for the past couple of weeks and before I drop some turds into the forums I wanted to let you know I'm finding the information here to be positively invaluable. Lots and lots of good stuff for newbies and pros and everyone in between, and I haven't even ventured into the 'after hours' section yet. I take it Gino is the godfather around these parts.

I recently took on the accounts of an established sign & decal business that retired as a side effect of the shutdown. My background is primarily in commercial printing and graphic design, so that aspect of the work isn't a major challenge for me, but figuring out all the variables of materials and applications...oh man. I did work for a sign shop about eight years ago so I'm not totally doomed. This is not a hobby gig, I'm a registered business with retail walk-ins and B2B accounts, albeit a one person shop and will be hiring subs for tasks I can't do myself. Curious to hear from anyone who has acquired another business and how those customers reacted to the change.

I want to focus my business on custom marketing signs, banners, vehicle/boat spot graphics, and window lettering. I'm doing all design, cut vinyl, and mounting in-house, and sending out for printing until I decide what equipment I can bring in and when. I really don't want to do installs at this time other than vehicles or windows - mistake? I'm based in a small town and am limited on physical shop space until something else opens up in a good location. Gotta start somewhere.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
:welcome:. Any way you can cut out the middle man I'd be for it. I understand given your "small" real estate situation though. I don't see why outsourcing 90% of jobs couldn't be possible. Good luck to ya.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Greetings, Signs101! I've been lurking here for the past couple of weeks and before I drop some turds into the forums I wanted to let you know I'm finding the information here to be positively invaluable. Lots and lots of good stuff for newbies and pros and everyone in between, and I haven't even ventured into the 'after hours' section yet. I take it Gino is the godfather around these parts.

I recently took on the accounts of an established sign & decal business that retired as a side effect of the shutdown. My background is primarily in commercial printing and graphic design, so that aspect of the work isn't a major challenge for me, but figuring out all the variables of materials and applications...oh man. I did work for a sign shop about eight years ago so I'm not totally doomed. This is not a hobby gig, I'm a registered business with retail walk-ins and B2B accounts, albeit a one person shop and will be hiring subs for tasks I can't do myself. Curious to hear from anyone who has acquired another business and how those customers reacted to the change.

I want to focus my business on custom marketing signs, banners, vehicle/boat spot graphics, and window lettering. I'm doing all design, cut vinyl, and mounting in-house, and sending out for printing until I decide what equipment I can bring in and when. I really don't want to do installs at this time other than vehicles or windows - mistake? I'm based in a small town and am limited on physical shop space until something else opens up in a good location. Gotta start somewhere.

Welcome from California!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I was told by the old owner and the recent, and misplaced, signsupport moderator, that welcoming people is an insult, but since you brought my name into it....... I'll just welcome ya from PA...............................