• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OCsteve

Hey everyone - Happy New Year!!

I'm Steve from Dekalb, Illinois. Three years ago I knew zero about the wide format digital printing business (still don't know much but learning everyday). My partner and I went to Phoenix in December of 2005 and purchased a Zund 215 + UV printer and L 3000 cnc cutter. Our research led us to believe that the Zund was the best printer on the market, at that time, in our price range. Little did we know that they were going to discontinue producing printers in 2007. That's life!

Anyway, we are thrilled to be in this exciting industry and and have since added a Mimaki JV 3 as vehicle wraps have become an important part of our business. While trying to grow into a recession has been a real challenge we feel that we are definitely in the right business.

I found this site while searching for printer heads for the Zund and thought that this may be a great place to speak with other Zund users. While we would like to purchase another UV printer it is out of the question at this time. In reality, the Zund has been great printer for the most part but it would be nice to have other users to bounce things off of when problems arise.

Anyway, it is nice to be a part of this group and I hope we can offer helpful information from time to time.

MariaMartini

Welcome from Oklahoma! :Welcome:

I don't do my own printing any more and I am only familiar with HP wide format, but hopefully I can help you with something else someday!

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK.

I have been to DeKalb. I was looking for a company I had read about in a magazine. They were producing produce with artificial sunlight and Hydroponics. Must have been too expensive because they were out of business...lol