• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Monument Coming

blufftonsignguy

Attached is a new monument coming to town. This design was derived from a concept design in which I had to stick with the specifications. Let me know your thoughts on this. This is my biggest design build concept so far. The sign panels are 96"x32" with the overall block work being 36" wide and 39" deep. The letters will be edge lit acrylic.

Attachments

• Crescent.jpg
    Crescent.jpg
    595.9 KB · Views: 133

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
What part did you have to stick with?

What is edge acrylic on this application? That looks more like push thru to me...

Is it double or single sided, what does the side view look like.

The structure holding the panel looks too heavy. Looks like it would take Gargantua to pull the panel off.

Without knowing the restrictions you have, I would tone down those angle support, get rid of them and/or modify the structure.

Adding shading to show dimension helps in a presentation, may show some of the flaws of it. I would add scale people too, that way it shows proportion/scale. I would also tone down the stucco. And maybe it's your image but the blue and yellow are too bright...

Attachments

• s101_crescent-2.jpg
    s101_crescent-2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

blufftonsignguy

Rick, I had to stick with pretty much what you see. The color of the stucco is going to be an off white. The structure is going to be four sided with only 3 sides having the letters. I left the dimensions off just so show the rendering. Your rendering does look so much better. I will have to try and learn those tricks.

J Hill Designs

Me, too. The "N" appears to be sitting above the baseline.

looks like someone aligned ALL letters at the bottom, which is a no-no as a lot of letters drop below their associated baseline (ie. the tip of the N at the bottom right is probably what is aligned)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I've never seen a slice of the moon look like it's falling over..... anyway, not in this hemisphere.

Also, here's an old trick to check on spacing, kerning and other tweaks needed when you take something out of it's normal viewing stance.

attachment.php

Attachments

• crescent.jpg
    crescent.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 147