• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New one....Stumped

stephenj148

Client is doing his Personal training at Yale, she he wants a bulldog with some sort of barbell...

I've been really really stumped here for a few reason. One being that, How can I create a new way to portray the bulldog, so many things out there are using the bulldog.
This is pretty much in sketch stages, and I'm terrible with concept. Anyone wanna push me in a better direction?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-02-04 at 2.00.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-04 at 2.00.16 PM.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 85

Bill43mx

My First thought....a bulldog pumping iron with the barbell. Of course this will require an artist to create so I would suggest John Deaton.

stephenj148

You need to find a better font and don't try to get cute with the name ELIte for starters.

Not getting cute; should have explained.

Client is a yale graduate, which they are called "yalies" or "elis"

wants the "ELI" part to stand out. I dont necessarily agree with it.

ThinkRight

Not getting cute; should have explained.

Client is a yale graduate, which they are called "yalies" or "elis"

wants the "ELI" part to stand out. I dont necessarily agree with it.

The customer is always "right".
That being said,he may be right,but everything is still wrong.
Tough to deal with some ideas that people have stuck in their head.
Maybe try pushing him a different direction very subtly making him think it is his idea.
But the logo looks ok.

stephenj148

Because of what the client wanted, I feel very restricted and not able to really do a lot. He even requested the font because "I use it on my site and I like it"....

Colin

Pleeeeease don't use a super-skinny typeface for this; that's the last thing that should be used for this logo.

Colin

IMO, it ought to be masculine, without being off-putting to women.

Drop the done-to-death dog, and the goofy word-play (Eli) thing.

If he/she has asked you for your expertise in logo design give it to them, don't just be a mouse-clicker for them and their stupid ideas.

Attachments

• Elite.jpg
    Elite.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 61

visual800

the customer is NOT always right. that saying needs to be abolished and never mentioned again. Customer like to "infuse" their personal and cute crap in logos and it just doesnt work. When this happenes you need to stand up and let them know "this aint working dont do it" if they fire you, so be it. Let them get their junk from another guy

boxerbay

clients like this MUST be on an HOURLY rate. they come to you for a logo but they want you to put their wacky ideas on paper. GREAT! tell them it will take XX hrs to accomplish at $xx/per hour. ELITE training? been done. skinny font for a trainer? and a bulldog? and ELI catchy inside joke only if you went to yale would know thingy? wow. good luck. way too much going on.

throw it together and then sit them down and explain why those three things will not work well. then tell them that they came to you because you are the professional and your experience tells you that certain things just dont work well. now you can waste more time and $$ going in circles (you make more money due to hourly rate) or they can trust your opinion and get a nice logo that works well.

you never see a client telling their attorney's how to handle a situation. you must be the professional and explain to them in a professional manner the trifecta of a turd the client is requesting.

either bulldog or ELI cant have 2 messages in one logo.
skinny font? are they a super skinny yoga trainer or a weight lifting meathead trainer? use the proper font.

stephenj148

Haha,

thanks guys. I'll be working on talking to the client, in the meantime. I'll get something new together to show you guys.

taylormadesigns

here is a nice one...hope this helps...you can just go to google images and type in "bulldog with barbell" that is how I found this one...or you can search "bulldog with barbell" clipart, than copy and paste to your software...if that is what your customer wants...goodluck!...John @ Taylor Made Signs.

Attachments

• stock-illustration-8829394-bulldog-mascot-weight-chew.jpg
    stock-illustration-8829394-bulldog-mascot-weight-chew.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited by a moderator:

HulkSmash

here is a nice one...hope this helps...you can just go to google images and type in "bulldog with barbell" that is how I found this one...or you can search "bulldog with barbell" clipart, than copy and paste to your software...if that is what your customer wants...goodluck!...John @ Taylor Made Signs.

yes, copy and paste someone elses artwork. Sounds good.

Last edited by a moderator: