• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New owner UCJV-300-150

neoguri

Hello, we just got our new Mimaki- and to my understanding the instructor told me that we need to use a plugin to make print and cut layers-

Is there other ways around this? I've found videos showing you can install Roland color palettes and there is a "CUT" color- which their software recognizes as a cut path.

We have coreldraw 19 and illustrator, but mainly use corel.

I tried following some video tutorials of making different layers for the cut path and the image it self, but i have no luck once imported to rasterlink 6.

Any advice is appreciated!

dale911

President
There is a plug-in included with the UCJV called finecut that works directly with Corel or illustrator but isn’t necessary for regular print and cut. All you need to do make a color as a spot color and name it “CutContour” with no quotes. It must have the capital C in it and be 1 word. Rasterlink and all the other major rips will recognize it as a cut layer and it will not print that color. Also, it can be a stroke or a full. If it’s a stroke, it should be a 1 pt stroke. If you make it thicker, it may cut on both sides of the shown image but I don’t remember for sure if it does that when not converted to an outline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neoguri

Thank you- that is what I am trying to figure out- the instructor is coming back to install the finecut since we dont have a CD rom drive and his copy requires it.

I always want to have a back up method of doing things.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make a sport color in illustrator named, "CutContour" and the RIP will see it. I prefer that way actually. FineCut does a fine job and has other tools that can be useful but the sport color method is just easy and fast in my opinion. There is also "HalfCut" for perf cuts.