• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New poll - please vote - my goal is to have at least 100 votes.

Do you have a walk-in type retail sign shop - face-to-face contact in store.

• Yes

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 52.0%

• Total voters

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Thank you for all who voted in my first poll. So far we have 39 votes.
Reminder: every vote is anonymous.
You can vote here again if you wish.
Please feel free to ask questions or input. If you are interested, you can click on the results.

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Well no wonder I've never seen them...way before my time. Ok, I change my response... I haven't seen any since I've been here. Maybe Robert will get 100 votes after the thread is 6 or 7 years old, but Im not sure he has that much time to wait.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ahh, Robert...... don't you get the message ?? No one is interested in this.

I've tried to be nice, but you are asking questions or looking for answers which have been answered many many times over the years. You're bringing up old hat and quite frankly, while it might be important to you, it's not to most others. You continue to touch on things a few people might deem important, but not to near the degree you're hoping to find. This is a sign forum and we all kinda like it that way. Turning this into contests, polls and round table discussions didn't work 15 years ago, 10 years ago or even 2 years ago and it's still not gonna go over. Try your questionnaire threads, but don't be demanding what you expect for results. THAT is not polite, and it doesn't remind me of anyone listening, per your first opening thread.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Well no wonder I've never seen them...way before my time. Ok, I change my response... I haven't seen any since I've been here. Maybe Robert will get 100 votes after the thread is 6 or 7 years old, but Im not sure he has that much time to wait.

The difference is that when I managed this forum, most polls appeared on the home page for all to see. That is no longer the case, so response rates will be smaller.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
What are you hoping to do with the info on this poll? Every place is different. Most places don’t need a front desk any more because everyone’s smart enough to develop an online presence.

Naturally there will be the odd time that the front desk might be a better avenue for jobs but I can absolutely guarantee the 1800 24” x 16” ACM job we got in last week would never come through from a guy at the front desk.

One it means nobody needs to be around to catch random tyre kickers. And two, the people that tend to show up end up wanting one £4 architect drawing scanned and copied once. Those are not the customers most people want

Bly

Putting the poll topic in the header would help people know whether to read the thread or not.

Jeremiah

The last important Poll in the world that was important , worth answering and had a purpose was " Ginger or Maryann "

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Since you stated this second poll, do you have the ability to determine how many are repeats of your first poll ?? How accurate can this polling be, if you just keep repeating yourself ??

Stacey K

I like making signs
There's been lots of talk about this in numerous threads and much better info than you will get from a poll.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
You can take what results you already have and get a good idea of how 100 or 1,000 or 10,000 people will vote. I bet after 100 votes the percentages wont change all that much.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
There are lurkers....

Robert can extrapolate what 100 votes will be from the results he already has. If you don't know what extrapolate means, we have a "toad's dictionary" in the back of the Nifty Tips book, pages 210-230

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Are there even 100 people that regularly use this? I come here and end up chatting to the same 8 people every day

This thread has had 374 members read some or all of it in just 24 hours. There are currently 52 Signs 101 members logged into the site and 900+ non-members here as well. Most folks who join Signs 101 never post anything.

Stacey K

I like making signs
There's such a variety of stores. I don't think your poll is going to be accurate.
  • No store - work from home and never see anyone or by appointment (Texas, I think this is you).
  • By appointment only stores.
  • Store who do not post hours so it's hit and miss (me).
  • Stores who hold daily hours.
For a few months retail stores were useless. For those of us who stayed busy it made us wonder how much the "retail store" part of our business is worth.