• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new printer info

David16

I'm looking to purchase a new printer cutter combo mutoh or HP what's your thoughts or something else

Thanks

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
What kinds of applications did you have in mind for the printer and do you have any other equipment like a cutter that you are already using? Also, do you have a preference for the design and RIP software that you would like to use? Once we all have a bit more information on what types of products you want to produce with the printer we can offer up some solutions.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I think they meant separate - if they’re looking at HP I don’t believe they have any print and cut machines?

as far as choosing printers goes, it all boils down to preference so the best advice is buy as local as possible and make sure they can fix/repair your machines effectively and quickly. Saving $500 up front then having to spend an extra 1k getting an engineer to you the first sign of trouble doesn’t play well in the long run.

rjssigns

Got a mutoh/HP/Roland dealer with technician in your town? Buy from them even if it costs more. Learned an extremely expensive lesson by not doing that. I agree with IPrintStuff. Until you get a tech on site you're looking at an expensive brick.

StephenOrange

Eater of cake. Maker of .
We have a Summa D140R as our main go-to cutter and it's served us very well. We've never needed a technician, consistent output and fairly fast. That being said all I can stress is to stay well away from cheap no name, re-badged brands. Stick with the well-known brands like Summa, Roland, Mimaki, Graphtec etc.

As for the printer - I'm a glutton for punishment so I'm sticking with HP's latex presses for now. I know they're more costly, but the damned print quality, immediate workability and no odour just tickles me in the right way.