• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Shrink Wrap Setup

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We purchased a shrink wrap setup from Uline.

Not gonna lie, I have been looking all over the office for stuff to shrink wrap. I think it takes small packages of signs, magnets and decals and takes it to the next level.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
That's awesome, was actually just thinking about getting one of these last week. Would save time not trying to find just the right baggie for our decals!

Thanks for sharing.

rjssigns

Some people get all the cool toys.:D. I just have the roll of poly tube and an impulse sealer. Was a lot of fun for me when I got set up. Wife wasn't real happy about the stuff on her desk though...:rolleyes:

Joshua Stephens

Looks awesome. I have been wanting one for a long time (specifically the tunnel). Do you ever do die-cut/cut-to-shape decals/stickers? That's all we do and I'm worried it will sheer/skew as it goes through the tunnel. Have you had any trouble with that yet?

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
We have one of those that we stopped using. Hmmm thinking I need to revive it!

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Ours is a one step process that you can choose shrink or seal. Only fits maybe 1.5k’ by 2’ which is my only problem. Wish it was bigger.

We are trying to use less plastic though and have been trying to find cardboard packages that suit our needs. Shrink wrapper is much quicker though lol

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Ours is a one step process that you can choose shrink or seal. Only fits maybe 1.5k’ by 2’ which is my only problem. Wish it was bigger.

We are trying to use less plastic though and have been trying to find cardboard packages that suit our needs. Shrink wrapper is much quicker though lol

I like the one step idea. Seems like the heater or whatever the second process is takes up a bit of space.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
9B80BA61-DE46-48C6-880E-11EA7D7FA67A.jpeg
I like the one step idea. Seems like the heater or whatever the second process is takes up a bit of space.

This is not our one but it’s this general idea

Dan360

Yea we don't use our conveyor unless we're doing a ton of shrink wrapping, then we'll wheel it out, generally just use a heat gun. It's kind of satisfying to heat out all the wrinkles in shrink wrap.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Do you ever do die-cut/cut-to-shape decals/stickers? That's all we do and I'm worried it will sheer/skew as it goes through the tunnel. Have you had any trouble with that yet?

We have been testing that one and it seems to work pretty well. I'll be honest, our target is to help our resellers compete with the online guys like the S, Mule. That's how they do it.

We have been kiss cutting and leaving the stickers on a rectangular liner, but we're just about ready to switch all production to a full thru-cut (Die Cut).

DeadDoc

Jealous!

If you want a hot pocket machine get one with a heat tunnel. I miss my auto shrink wrapper with heat tunnel when I was printing manuals out back in the day. Now I wrap things by hand.