• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to all this

JmJgraphicd

JMJ Graphic Signs
Hey guys my name is Jeff. I currently have three large format printers unhappy to say none working. I am posting thread to see if i can recruit help finding mamaki dx5 jv33 head for my 160,and any good place to get heads for hp l26500 I have two of those . I guess I should have known more before making such a leap of faith. If you have any to sell i am doing my best to find. just have had not much luck because of investment of three printers. I wish I would have read half of what I have seen on this forum before doing so ... if you can help let me know I may be slow somedays to respond my wife has stage four cancer .I take care of that through the days. but any advice or anything ill take it trying to do alone for far to long .

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Welcome!

I hope you find the help you're looking for. Lots of insightful people here on the forum.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
:welcome: 2 :signs101smilie: from OK.

I feel for you on the cancer. My wife is on her third round of losing body parts and chemo. Can't convince her to stop eating meat, dairy and processed foods.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Welcome local! I'm in Hebron, so you're right down the road.

The HP printers are probably a lost cause, they stopped making supplies/parts for them a while ago so they're going to be harder and harder to keep running as time moves along.

The JV33 should be able to be repaired if you can find a good local tech and reasonable parts. (The last good local Mimaki tech I know retired) What does the test print look like out of the printer right now?

jfiscus

Rap Master
I know you don't want to buy MORE equipment, but we do have a used Epson S70675 in good working condition for probably less than the cost of the JV heads and service fees.
Shoot me a PM.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hey guys my name is Jeff. I currently have three large format printers unhappy to say none working. I am posting thread to see if i can recruit help finding mamaki dx5 jv33 head for my 160,and any good place to get heads for hp l26500 I have two of those . I guess I should have known more before making such a leap of faith. If you have any to sell i am doing my best to find. just have had not much luck because of investment of three printers. I wish I would have read half of what I have seen on this forum before doing so ... if you can help let me know I may be slow somedays to respond my wife has stage four cancer .I take care of that through the days. but any advice or anything ill take it trying to do alone for far to long .

We carry the heads here in the US. Feel free to contact us and we can help troubleshoot. Maybe you don't need a head in the first place!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Have nothing for ya on the printers, but thoughts and prayers out to you and your wife.

JmJgraphicd

JMJ Graphic Signs

The HP printers are probably a lost cause, they stopped making supplies/parts for them a while ago so they're going to be harder and harder to keep running as time moves along.

The JV33 should be able to be repaired if you can find a good local tech and reasonable parts. (The last good local Mimaki tech I know retired) What does the test print look like out of the printer right now?

Attachments

• IMG_0693.jpg
    IMG_0693.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0693 (1).jpg
    IMG_0693 (1).jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 110

JmJgraphicd

JMJ Graphic Signs
these are the test plots I printed today I need to figure out how to get hard drive to update because i did work around the head issue I'm embraced about how I had to do it but ill tell you anyway I removed the magenta chip on both and took two cyan heads that I had flushed ink out and put the magenta chips on them trimmed off the black tab that prevented me from inserting in carriage manually primed the pens with a syringe and that test plot was the result of a few hours of printing past to get to magenta instead of purple

jfiscus

Rap Master
We are going to need a closer look at just the test print from the Mimaki to determine how the heads look. When it uploaded it is too hard to make out.

JmJgraphicd

JMJ Graphic Signs
I have got it to take the latest which i believe is sp-sp 12.0.2.1 bot the os sp os 0.0.3 and I don't know if that needs upgraded

JmJgraphicd

JMJ Graphic Signs
:welcome: 2 :signs101smilie: from OK.

I feel for you on the cancer. My wife is on her third round of losing body parts and chemo. Can't convince her to stop eating meat, dairy and processed foods.
There is nothing we can do she is on maintenance chemo and they have not given her long thank you for kindness!

JmJgraphicd

JMJ Graphic Signs
reply its current sp12.0.2.1 it seems like the ink prints good once then prints broken your right didn't help