• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to Digital Signage

Chasez

First of all, if this isn't the right thread for this post feel free to move it, I just couldn't find anything related to digital signage.

Hey All, so this is a new thing for me, I've always seen it around but have never thought about it in depth. My father in law has a company with a digital sign on the pylon outside his building. They have had staff drop the ball on keeping it updated and he has asked me to come in and take it over for him because all they have sitting on there is "Go Flames Go!" haha. Now I've sorta googled how digital signage works, the systems, etc. but haven't really found too much on it. I really started looking into the Raspberry PI 2 end of building a digital signage board (personal interest) but I doubt that is how large commercial board is done. My question is, are there any tips/tricks/best practices or any info that anyone can provide me? This will be a large learning curve as I've never done this before so any and all information would be very helpful!

Chaz

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Contacting the manufacturer of the sign, would be a good start, as they will be most familiar with their own software.

J Hill Designs

Contacting the manufacturer of the sign, would be a good start, as they will be most familiar with their own software.

this. most have their own proprietary software, and even going onto their site could have videos explaining the ins and outs of it

Chasez

Okay thanks guys, I'll take a look at it and see what I can figure out.

On another side, is the digital signage world worth looking at getting into? Is it economical and worth it? If so, what is the best software to use? (again I've only looked at the raspberry Pi2 hardware aspect and have found a few software devs. for it - seems to be a cheaper way into it, but on smaller signage it seems like it could work really well as you can upload videos, slideshows, and websites).

Chaz