• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to Old version Gerber. Gerber compose etc. 3.0

rcubed

Hi y'all! I just started for a new company that uses Gerber products and I have run into a snag. My first job is to cut a simple graphic, just text. It looks good in Corel, but when I try to cut and paste into Compose 3 the font isn't found. if I convert it all to outlines the strokes of the text become jagged in the curved areas and Gerber creates a zillion more nodes than are actually on it. The font is Denmark, any help would be awesome! I am not making a very good impression so far!

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
DON'T cut and paste. Take the Corel file and export it as a .ai. Then go to Composer and import said file.

S11930

gerber has alot of videos to the beginning of omega

if you want to learn all about gerber omega go to you tube

signage

In Corel either save the files as a CMX with fonts converted to curves. Or publish to PDF and have convert to curves set for fonts.

Then import into Composer

Chasez

Why not save a step and just use composer

I agree... Just use composer to design something this simple. Use TT Font converter (which comes with composer) which will make the font usable in composer (assuming if you have the font running in corel you have it installed on your computer). Bam... your done and off to the races!

Chaz

Billct2

Never knew about using CMX, always used .ai or .eps. I hate this keep learning stuff, especially if it means I was doing it the hard way.

rcubed

Thanks

Thanks for the helpful responses! I actually figured out within an hour or so. It seems saving out as a .cmx file is the best bet. Just a note, I did not create this file, I took over a position with alot of artwork already in the pipeline in CDR format, so creating in Compose was a no starter. It seems to me that the software is vastly inferior and cumbersome for creating graphics so I will stick with Corel or Illustrator. Thanks again everyone!

Billct2

For designing cut vinyl graphics or edge prints I find Composer works way better than Corel.
Especially for things like outlines & shades.