• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to Printing

zgraphics

I had a couple of questions about printing.

1. What is the best RIP Program for a 62 inch Mutoh Outdoor Falcon?
2. What about dust in the shop or around the printer?
3. I been doing practice runs with flexi and the colors are not coming out
the same.

If anyone has answers or comments let me know... thanks for the help

Replicator

Welcome ZGraphics !

Best RIPS : FlexiSIGN-Pro, Wasatch, Roland (Various), Etc . . .

The hard part is learning to deal with different profiles for different materials.

zgraphics

i have flexisign 7.6v1, do i have to upgrapde to 8.0 or 8.5 ? How do you know what the profile are good?

Replicator

No reason to upgrade, just do some research on profiles and try to find profile resources to download for various substrates !

high impact

I had a couple of questions about printing.

1. What is the best RIP Program for a 62 inch Mutoh Outdoor Falcon?
2. What about dust in the shop or around the printer?
3. I been doing practice runs with flexi and the colors are not coming out
the same.

If anyone has answers or comments let me know... thanks for the help

1) I use Flexi-Pro 8.0 and 7.6. I'm actually sorry I upgraded one of my stations to 8.0...I like 7.6 just as well and the benefit for upgrading was not worth it...I wasted my money.

2) Dust is your enemy!!! BAD, BAD, BAD!

3) Colors same as what? As your monitor I assume? Your colors will never look the same until you color calibrate your monitor, scanner and printer. Once this is done in Flexi you can soft proof and see what it will look like when printed. I am dangerous when it comes to color profiling and calibrating so hopefully someone else jumps in here! ;-)

Bogie

A buncha money. Get the thing running, make money, learn what you like and don't like about the software, and THEN decide if you wanna upgrade or not.

high impact

8.0 Has on screen spell check, you can set margins around bitmaps for simpler eye candy use and export/email pdf feature. Nice features but certainly not worth the $500 I paid to upgrade - although I use the export and send email pdf feature often.