• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Guy New to Signs101

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
With four decades of experience in the sign shop industry, I am now launching a new free service to independent sign shop owners/managers, anywhere in the United States. This free service has several different features. First, just to have someone to talk with about your sign business. Someone who will listen, ask quality questions, explore options, develop synergy to find a solution. Second, my favorite is to help sign shop people become expert listeners. So many take their listening skills for granted. Yet, when you deliberately become an expert listener, everything works better and faster. Third, I want to team up with you to make videos, voice-over, interview-style videos. Kind of like my being a radio host. Videos about your favorite signs projects, your talented team, or video reviews about your loyal B2B clients. Fourth, I am an expert on how to get the most from your own Google My Business listing. There is so much that can be done. I invite you to use the link in my signature to book a session with me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reveal1

My wife says I talk to myself in my sleep about my sign business. I think I'm a pretty good listener because she says I also answer myself. (Welcome to S101)

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
My wife says I talk to myself in my sleep about my sign business. I think I'm a pretty good listener because she says I also answer myself. (Welcome to S101)
Thank you for the welcome. See if you agree with this. As a sign maker, being an expert listener is time saver.

Reveal1

Thank you for the welcome. See if you agree with this. As a sign maker, being an expert listener is time saver.
I hear, I know. I see, I remember. I do, I understand.
iu

bannertime

I'm sorry, were you saying something?

Jokes aside, seems you're offering a good service. And for free! Listening is an important skill in any sales job. I noticed you have 20 plus years in sales to the sign industry. What did you do before that?

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
I'm sorry, were you saying something?

Jokes aside, seems you're offering a good service. And for free! Listening is an important skill in any sales job. I noticed you have 20 plus years in sales to the sign industry. What did you do before that?
20 years at a wholesale sign supply company. Before that first started my own shop, then worked for a mom and pop sign maker as outside sales, then helped launch a national sign shop.
You are welcome to have a conversation with me about listening skills. It is a skill that needs regular sharpening. Let's talk.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
20 years at a wholesale sign supply company. Before that first started my own shop, then worked for a mom and pop sign maker as outside sales, then helped launch a national sign shop.
You are welcome to have a conversation with me about listening skills. It is a skill that needs regular sharpening. Let's talk.
Let's talk then, what are the skills you'd like to share?

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Let's talk then, what are the skills you'd like to share?
The skill of powerful listening. We take listening for granted. Yet, in the sign-making business, it is by far the most important skill to save time, avoid mistakes, be more profitable. All other communication skills hang on your ability to be an expert listener. Feel free to book me using the link in my signature. No charge. No strings.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The skill of powerful listening. We take listening for granted. Yet, in the sign-making business, it is by far the most important skill to save time, avoid mistakes, be more profitable. All other communication skills hang on your ability to be an expert listener. Feel free to book me using the link in my signature. No charge. No strings.

Why do I need to book you? You and I are here right now and I'm all ears

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Why do I need to book you? You and I are here right now and I'm all ears
Let's start with Intentional Listening. Deliberate listening. Give yourself a private test. On a scale of 1 to 10, if your score is less than 8, then we have some work to do. Another test. Has anyone ever said, "You are a great listener"?
Another private test. How many mistakes are made in your sign shop? Don't have to answer here. But think about it. Most mistakes start with less than expert listening.
That's a start. Do you want to keep going? I up for it.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
It doesnt sound like you are listening either. Youre asked a question and then deflect. It sounds to me like you have some MLM thing going on here.

Mike Drysdale

Hi All: I am a client of Robert Armerding, Sign Shop Mentor and have been for four years. He is very helpful in focusing our efforts in many areas, including listening, productivity, client acquisition, talking with difficult clients, retention and referrals, partnership disagreements and Google My Business. If you want to discuss with me directly please feel free to call me, Millers Vinyl Graphics, San Jose, Ca 408-802-1148. Mike Drysdale

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Let's start with Intentional Listening. Deliberate listening. Give yourself a private test. On a scale of 1 to 10, if your score is less than 8, then we have some work to do. Another test. Has anyone ever said, "You are a great listener"?
Another private test. How many mistakes are made in your sign shop? Don't have to answer here. But think about it. Most mistakes start with less than expert listening.
That's a start. Do you want to keep going? I up for it.

Our church did a 8 week course called emotionally healthy relationships and its main focus was on intentional listening, how to resolve conflict and its a nice thing to learn and now 3 months later I put none of it to practice.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Our church did a 8 week course called emotionally healthy relationships and its main focus was on intentional listening, how to resolve conflict and its a nice thing to learn and now 3 months later I put none of it to practice.
I appreciate your transparency. My role is to be an encourager. To frequently check in and see how your listening skills are going. I like the concept of improve your listening skills 1% at a time. Two steps forward, one back. When you start to learn new listening skills, your closest colleagues while wonder what is wrong with you. Then they will come to appreciate that you truly hear them. Really listening is a wonderful gift to give to the other person.