• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to Signs101

gtjet

Just found the site, like what I've seen and read. We are not just new to the site but to the sign bus. too. Definitely need all the I can get. (hate to admit it but it has taken me about 20 minutes just to figure out how to post a thread, so it might take me a while to figure out how to reply too.

The we is my 17 year old son Eric, my better half - my wife Pearl, my 21 year old daughter Nicole & myself Glenn.

Nice to meet you all and we look forward to chatting.

While I'm here I might as well ask a burning question. Has anyone experience with laying printed vinyl graphics on a basketball court that will be finished over with gym seal? I've heard it works but the gym guys I work with are afriad the gym seal will lift or separate over the graphic and also they are worried about it being raised. We currently provide them with stencil mask so they can paint on the graphic and that works great. Thanks in advance. gtj

nodrenim

Welcome friends, we all have to start somewhere, sometime, somehow, even me. Hope you have much success. I've been in the business 45 years and most of it has been a blast. You will get much help here, all you have to do is ask.

cbcie

Have no clue about your question, but welcome! This board has been great for me to learn from.

Cheryl

David Snider

There is a local shop here that does a lot of basketball court graphics. They use the vinyl for masking the design for paint. They do not put it under the seal.

Steve Orin

Not new to signage but am plotting on buying a plotter... A friend suggested this forum. Looks like I've lotsa reading ta do! Mebbee I kin even offer some help in the paint field - my prime subject.
Eggscuze the humor... I'll keep it clean but I'm known as Airhead fer a reason.