• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to the site , Need FB700/FB750 Oil Recommendations

Tackinawa

Hello everyone , I have browsed the site awhile and wanted to officially join. Hope everyone is having a good week.I'm a print operator from GA , just outside Atlanta.We have 3 machines an HP FB700 , HP FB750 and a HP365 Latex. I had a quick question about the FB700 and FB750 . I've found most of the components for the HP "cleaning kit" but cannot find a good alternative for the "rail strip oil cloths" that come in the kit. I've found the grease , gloves , etc but can't find a good substitute for the oil cloths. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the help!

brdesign

To lubricate the rails I've just used like a 3inOne oil, put a few drops on a cloth and wipe the rails with it.

Tackinawa

To lubricate the rails I've just used like a 3inOne oil, put a few drops on a cloth and wipe the rails with it.
I had considered doing that but wasn't sure exactly what kind of oil they put on those cloths. If you have used the 3in1 and it hasn't damaged the wheels and strips then I think I have found my solution! Thank you for the reply!

greysquirrel

The maintenance kit should last the length of all of your times cleaning procedures then eventually need to be replaced. f you keep the oiled rag in the plastic bag it will stay fresh and you should be able to use it for a very long time. Just remember to clean the rails first with alcohol and another rag and it should even stay clean for you.