• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new twist on an old scam..

iSign

so, I just got this email... damn, now they want me to place the call to get the stolen CC info...

Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 4:36 AM
To: signs@islandsign.com
Subject: Order request!

Greetings Customer Service

I'm Amanda.Wilson with Continental Amanda Shop,Am sending you an email in regards to order of Banners.Am looking for Size 32"x 60" with grommet on the banner.I want this Message on the banner is ( Church of Christ ) .I would like you to go ahead and calculate the cost for 50 Qty Plus Tax excluding shipping because this would be picked up at your Location.Would these order be ready within 14 days,I need them Urgently.What type of payment do your company accept.Kindly send method Quote and call me as soon as you email me on Below Number.Hope to hear from you soon

Best Regards
Company Owner
Amanda.Wilson
Continental Amanda.Wilson
Phone : 619-825-0021
Email : Amanda.Wilson94@yahoo.com

I thought for sure I'd get a google hit on any part of that "Continental Amanda crap"...but nuthin' ... blew 'em off anyway.. gotta be a scam!!

we only take bogus credit cards from Nigeria, and no pick-ups at shop, only pre-paid exhorbinately priced shipping arrangements through bogus Nigerian shipping companies made by me with copious quantities of cold hard cash, & temporarily reimbursed to me via the aforementioned stolen credit cards

Sorry you didn't fall within the narrow parameters of our cold hard cash liquidation policies.. better luck next year… suckka!!

luv, iSign
:cool:so?

Mosh

"Mosh" just call Amanda Wilson and left her a typical Mosh type message on her phone.

Bigdawg

Just Me
We too have been introduced to Amanda... then we emailed her back that it's amazing that her phone number is the same as some other scammer... and we are sure she'll want to address that right away. And that we no longer take credit cards over the phone and we will have to have her come on in to take the order...

SignManiac

Might send this to her!

Hello Amanda,

This is the Reverend Bob. I just so happen to own a sign company when I'm not at my pulpit, and would be honored if I can donate these banners to your charitable cause free of charge. I feel it's important to take care of the less fortunate and can send you the banners within the fourteen days. Tell me where I need to ship them to. I also own a shipping company and I can write it off as a charitable deduction.

Bless you, bless you, bless you sister in arms.

Reverend Bob

Mainframe

I got the same exact email, I sent back a nasty reply, I also got the same email a couple of days ago, from a different name, still had a yahoo address-fn scammers!

Keys Grafix

Me Too

I got the scam via email today from Continental Robert. Guess the women don't love me!! I googled the number and the second hit brought me to this forum.