• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Twist on Banner Scam

TheSnowman

Well, I've gotten my share of banner scams...but this is a new one to me. They FAXED the freakin' thing to me. So now, not only are they wasting my time, they are wasting my paper and ink too! Anyone else getting them via fax?

Attachments

• scam.jpg
    scam.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 102

ericmitchell29

Hey I know a Dave Turner, I'll let him know he has to pay up front. :Big Laugh
Real stand up guy... not sure where he is going to put all those banners though.

haha... seriously though... I got one this week, very similar. It looked legit except for the fact that his English was terrible.

Mosh

I think everyone on this board should shoot him an e-mail. That would be fun.
Let's all act like we are "most kindly interested"....

Mosh

Just sent this to Dave....

Hello, my name is Akbar Mo-jibber-jabber. I would very must be happy to sell you more banners.I most kindly will let you pay for them on a major credit card. I do also offect a full cash refund if one of your great stature is not most happy with the products. I so enjoy looking for an e-mail order from you.

Exsulted Salutation
Mr. Mo-jibber-jabber

performancev

If you look in the sizes there is a phone # there. That # is the fax for the ups store in Eau Claire, WI. Look at the fax and see what # it came from and compare

veloxgraphics

NICE Mosh!

I just sent this... hopefully he replies with the artwork:

Salutations Mister Turner!

I was very happy to see your inquiry regarding our product. We do in fact carry banners in both sizes you are requesting and with a major credit card on file can give you a net 30 terms account allowing reputable folk such as yourself a full 30 days to submit alternate payment if desired. If after 30 days no alternate funds are recieved, we charge the card on file. This also allows you to fully inspect our work and ensure you are satisfied with the transaction.

Please send your artwork and card number as soon as possible so we can get the printing completed and the banners shipped.

Love,

-Ryan

GVP

I usually respond under the pseudonym "Hugh Janus" or "Ophelia Dyck" :Big Laugh
Had one or two strung along until they realized....

TheSnowman

I hope you all keep me posted as to what happens. I sure enjoy others humor more than my own. Hopefully we can spam this guy with spam...

veloxgraphics

I got a response, finally:

Hello Ryan,
Thanks for the response to my fax.Below is the Artwork I want on the Banners.I want the Banners to be in white background with blue lettering,in the size of 3'x20'.This is what i want on the banners and you can make the artwork for proof.Full Colors

CHILDREN OBEY YOUR PARENTS
IN THE LORD.

Kindly advise with the prices on the above details and let me know if you need any other information to complete this works with your location for pick up.Waiting to hear from you soon..

Best Regards,
Dave

I lol'ed @ "FULL COLORS" (blue on white)

i hate to say this but i've seen a sign company with an order for one of these 'reverends' all printed and ready to be shipped out. i actually felt really bad when i asked them about it and they assured me they had a credit card on file...sigh...

MachServTech

i hate to say this but i've seen a sign company with an order for one of these 'reverends' all printed and ready to be shipped out. i actually felt really bad when i asked them about it and they assured me they had a credit card on file...sigh...

Oh man that is so sad. It seems like the folks taken in are the ones that can least afford it. (probably for some good reasons) but it doesnt make it any less sad.

Makes me want to kick those F****** right in the nads!