• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News New Usergroup Colors & Promotion Badges

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Some of you no doubt have noticed that some of the usergroup colors have changed. We've implemented a functionality that allows all members to easily recognize Signs101 Staff, Premium & Merchant Members usergroups.

Staff and upgrade memberships now make use of the usergroup markup as to distinguish between the various usergroups:
  • Administrator (bold orange)
  • Moderator (normal orange)
  • Merchant Member (bold green)
  • Premium (normal green)
  • Regular (no special styling)
  • Banned (strike-through styling)
You'll notice some new badges have been added as well. You'll see the badges in the postbit of members' posts. They will show on membercard and other places as well:
signs101-badges.gif

We've included usergroup promotions as well as usergroup additions. Right now we have the "Active Member (normal burgundy)" promotion (indicated by the heart/heartbeat badge), which shows in the postbit of members who meet the criteria of having made at least 30 posts in any 30-day period of time.

Preview the usergroup & promotion designs:
1.icons_USERGROUPb.png

We also may be adding additional promotion badges in the near future, ie: Advertiser, Shop Owner, etc... If you have any ideas/suggestions on what sort of badges to add, including the representative image - please feel free to post them in this thread. We'll appreciate and consider all suggestions.

This small addition will help thwart any confusion as to who is a legit member of each usergroup. It's a work-in-progress and hopefully will be appreciated as a nice addition to the forum.

Thanks for reading and here's hoping you're enjoying your time spent here at Signs101.

SignsSupport

Attachments

• new-usergroup-promotion-badges.png
    new-usergroup-promotion-badges.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 467,682
Last edited:

SignsSupport

Update 8/21/2018:
We've just noticed that when the last usergroup and promotions cron updated that a few members sorta gained "Premium" status without actually subscribing to a paid membership. It's a known issue that we'll be working to fix in the coming days.

We've taken the liberty of adding a help page which defines the various usergroups by the way. See Usergroup Badges for more info.

Thanks for your attention and your patience as we sort the issue.

SignsSupport

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks very nice around here. Almost reminds me of a Christmas tree.

Sure glad you guys don't design signs or logos for a livimg. :)

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Update 8/21/2018:...a few members sorta gained "Premium" status without actually subscribing to a paid membership.
SignsSupport

I assumed that to be the case. I surely didn't think my editorial content was merit enough to elevate my status.

But then again, I wondered if it might be a temporary "freemium", intended to whet our appetites enough to eventually sign on permanently.

JB

SignsSupport

Well... I figured there was a lack of 'active' members being shown using the 30 posts/30 days criterion. So I ran the users/usergroup/promotions crons only to see that it rounded up some who had premium membership on the old vBulletin install. Instead of applying the premium membership as secondary usergroup - it actually add members to premium as primary usergroup. It's a bit of an error that will be corrected.

Looks very nice around here. Almost reminds me of a Christmas tree.

Sure glad you guys don't design signs or logos for a livimg. :)
A few shades of distinction to color the monotony so to say.
The original idea was to use one solid background color for all ranks - but would the color be blue or grey? Signs101 has 3 themes - so we went with the rainbow plethora type of deal. One rainbow color to match them all...

Are those badges on the Administrator's chest for marksmanship?
The concept: a badge on a badge.
The sheriff's in town or some such... Although, it goes without saying that sometimes a gun would make it a lot easier as for controlling the mob of you all :p

so active members have a heart beat does that mean less active have a heart with a flat line?
LOL
Inactive members have no heart at all hehe.

But then again, I wondered if it might be a temporary "freemium", intended to whet our appetites enough to eventually sign on permanently.
Hmmm... Good idea :)

I figured someone "gifted" me a premium membership. :roflmao:
Stranger things have happened. Surely.

SignsSupport

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your reasoning does not mean you are correct. From a designers point of veiw, just adding colors and whatever does not equate to a better environment. Just more garbage to deal with, within these walls. Like it or lump it....... from a coordinated point of veiw, this stuff is starting to look like a circus. Is that what you want for a professional sign forum....... something that looks like a second grader designed it ?? C'mon...... put some umpf into it. Good grief already.

equippaint

Your reasoning does not mean you are correct. From a designers point of veiw, just adding colors and whatever does not equate to a better environment. Just more garbage to deal with, within these walls. Like it or lump it....... from a coordinated point of veiw, this stuff is starting to look like a circus. Is that what you want for a professional sign forum....... something that looks like a second grader designed it ?? C'mon...... put some umpf into it. Good grief already.
But we have to be able to separate the producers from the moochers. What better way than a color coded badge? Spend some of that money you have Gino, your wheel barrow must be getting pretty heavy by now.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

Instead of all the time rambling on about things, maybe you could actually contribute something of value... like some badges? Just make sure mine incorporates the lone star somewhere in there, and also that I'm Texas SignMaker... also, can you include my phone number and email address? What about my slogan? Oh and I have another phone number I'd like on there too. Don't forget my website in smaller letters but still large so they can see it. Can you show me a few samples of different fonts and colors? Maybe I can come by and we can sit down and go over some options, how does 5:00pm sound when I get off work? After all that work I'll just end up requesting you use my design I did in PowerPoint... and I'll be sooo happy when you hand me my finished product. CANT WAIT GINO, I KNOW ITS LATE BUT CAN YOU GET ME SOMETHING TODAY???

SignsSupport

A circus? Really?
I must say - I've done quite a bit of forum administration and never have I perchance to see a more ungrateful, collegially "polite", crass group of people.
Every single upgrade and functionality enhancement Signs101 has undergone the past couple years has been met with your snide bellyaching.
It's really unbecoming. And it's RUDE! If you don't like it, Try keeping your mouth shut. How about that for professionalism...

SignsSupport

equippaint

Instead of all the time rambling on about things, maybe you could actually contribute something of value... like some badges? Just make sure mine incorporates the lone star somewhere in there, and also that I'm Texas SignMaker... also, can you include my phone number and email address? What about my slogan? Oh and I have another phone number I'd like on there too. Don't forget my website in smaller letters but still large so they can see it. Can you show me a few samples of different fonts and colors? Maybe I can come by and we can sit down and go over some options, how does 5:00pm sound when I get off work? After all that work I'll just end up requesting you use my design I did in PowerPoint... and I'll be sooo happy when you hand me my finished product. CANT WAIT GINO, I KNOW ITS LATE BUT CAN YOU GET ME SOMETHING TODAY???
Are you drinking again? Gino and Johnny are knee deep in hot toddys by now.

SignsSupport

Update 8/22/2018 RE:
We've just noticed that when the last usergroup and promotions cron updated that a few members sorta gained "Premium" status without actually subscribing to a paid membership. It's a known issue that we'll be working to fix in the coming days.

This issue has been fixed. There should be no lingering issues. But if any of you who were reverted to the "Registered" usergroup experience any permissions issues while viewing the forum - please report them here or open a support ticket and we'll get the issue(s) resolved for you.

Thanks,

SignsSupport

WildWestDesigns

Some may just be more lurkers now then active as they once were. Well, HD going on a year since on here. But just going on the "last seen", Marlene was on here just a few days ago.

SignsSupport

Great going down memory lane, SignsSupport, HDvinyl, Marlene, equipaint. All gone but not forgotten.
Some may just be more lurkers now then active as they once were. Well, HD going on a year since on here. But just going on the "last seen", Marlene was on here just a few days ago.

I lurk every once in a while LOL.
I'm no longer support staff and really have no need to visit/post as I had.
I simply will assist with maintaining the script in tech support capacity.
Thanks for the shoutout though ;)

SignsSupport