• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NEWB outline question

racerguy24

Whats up Im new to this whole sign cutting thing so im trying to learn. I drive racecars and my parents thought it would be cool to get me my own cutter to make my own stickers. They got me a refine plotter off ebay for x-mas. Ive been using Illustrator 10 for design and signcut-x2 for cutting. I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there an easy way to make multiple layer stickers with out lines using Ill 10? I just cant figure it out.

2.Do I have to use singcut for getting things to cut or are there other programs i can use or can i just use Ill..

Thanks this site is just what i needed TONS of info?

Ken

Hi Racerguy. Welcome from Beautiful BC.
I dont know what you mean when you say a "refine" cutter.?
Doing a layered decal "without lines"?
Your cutter will have software..export from Ill to that software. I recommend Corel Draw X3 for design.
Did your parents also buy the car for you?
Do they have an insurance policy on you?
Have you checked the brakes?
Just kidding...
Ken

racerguy24

Refine is the brand. And I cant figure out how to "outline" using illustrator 10. I built the car so lets just hope the brake sty together

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
easy1.gif

There are at leat two ways to outline in Illustrator 10 and then end up with a cuttable vector:

Select the vector path to be outlined and

• Convert to outlines if it is text
  • Object > Path > Offset Path (set the amount of offset)
  • Apply a stroke to the vectors to suit yourself
  • Object > Path > Outline Stroke