• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

newbie here, problem with outline corel draw 12

umbratint

Hi, how would I go about outlining text and then separating outline so it can be cut.
Also would anybody know any books, links, or cd which would help me learn corel draw 12.

Shovelhead

Your "outline"....

is called a "contour"......select contour from the effects dropdown....a dialog flout will open specifying how much countour you want.....then fron the "arrange" dropdown..."break apart"....this will give you a separate object.
Also, if you add an outline...."create outline to object" will get you a similar result. You'll have to go to wireframe and delete the inline.

edwin

http://www.ara.org/products/dsp_cat.cfm?prodcatID=13

I have taken this mans class (acually twice) and have seen the video. He knows Corel Draw. This video is probably for version 11 (mabee 12 dont remember) unless he has updated, but I am sure you would learn plenty. If I remember correctly you watch a section (on your computer), pause then reinact what you just learned then continue.