• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie Here

I would just like to start out and say that this site is awesome! I'm new to the vinyl sign business. I currently have a few clients lined up for some work and I need some help on a few things. I've searched and couldn't really find what I was looking for. I'm trying to come up with a pricing sheet for my work. I live in WV, so I thought maybe someone close to or in the state would be able to help me set a price sheet. Also if there are any tips/tricks that I should know before I get started. My Graphtec cutter will be here via UPS today and I want to get started ASAP. Thanks! :thankyou:

Justin
Cutting Edge Graphics
cuttingegdegraphic@gmail.com

rockongraphix

:Welcome: 2 :signs101: justin

check out GraphiXtreme profile , Chirs sell a priceing guide, great for starters.
i have been able to create my own with mircrosoft works spreadsheet , breaking it down to Sq ft and Sq in for all types of items , Decals to Banners and Diffent types of vinyls .

Michael
Rockongraphix
New haven CT

Signwinder

:Welcome:
Great to have you! If you are looking for honest opinions and valuable information you came to the right place.

WVB

Welcome Justin try purchasing GraphiXtreme's spreadsheet, or there is another one called Estimate software. Basically figure out your cost and mark it up. Generally for cal films charge around $5 sqf and for Cast films charge $8 sqf. Banners are anywhere from $3 to $12 sqf. Or even try calling around to some locals such as Fastsigns etc. and get a quote from them. This way you will deffinitly know if you are in the ball park or not. - Good luck.

Thanks everyone. I am running Mac OSX Tiger and a Graphtec CE3000-60 Mk2 24" cutter. I'm cutting from Illustrator CS and it seems to be working great. Glad to be on the forum and I can tell I'm going to learn alot. Thanks again.