• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie intro w/ ??

1banner

Hello to All,

Have been reading and observing for about 8 months now, while trying to take care of business. Worked for Grimco for 5 years as a driver/warehouse and was drawn to the digital side of the industry. Met my business partner a sign vet. of 20 yrs. while delivering and we decided to start our own venture in fall of 2007. Bought a Mimaki system and have been doing fine to this point..."knock on wood", as repeat business is the best compliment a customer can give. Were bringing back customer service and our customers seem to be liking that concept along with a quality product.

So thank you, in advance for any constructive info and help we may receive from the wealth of knowledge here at Signs 101, look forward to returning the favor if and when possible.

Having an issue right know though regarding Korographics Abaco Beach, was just delivered today 1st time using this product. Mat'l is wavy (side to side) right off the roll. Have tried adjusting heat settings, head height to 6 and it "blows" giving a slight oversray effect, like static issue. Our room temp is 71 and the humidity is 70. Tried lowering head and had head strikes...printer prints great on other mat'l, so printer is working fine.
:help
Any suggestions...as I need 1 banner finished by tomorrow with the balance due Friday. These are going in a retractable stand.

Thanks again!!

Rick

Big House Signs

mmm....when we have static issues we've devized a strip of static cling dryer sheets across the material before it goes in the printer.

Erikka@Rainier

hi rick, i've printed on a few textures of Korographics wallpaper and I had to do many things to get it to work. No heat on platen or our other heater. Did a Bi-Directional Correction adjustment for the material. Head height on high due to head strikes caused by wavy material and i also fed out several feet in the back and finally had to watch it like a hawk to make sure it didn't get bunched up in the pinch rollers etc. make sure you are using the proper profile too which korographics has on their site. Good Luck!!!

1banner

Thanks for the info....Took roll over to another print shop and tried on 2 of their printers w/ same results. *Not impressed w/ Abaco Beach* nor were they, Ordered different mat'l and overnighted, should be here anytime. Looking for a cotton or cotton blend fabric mat'l. that can be printed on a solvent based Mimaki, any one have any ideas. Saw a Neschen Accutech, Cotton Premium Heavy and wonder if that might work? Anyone have any experience with this mat'l? Mat'l needs to be white, not off-white and work in retractable banner stands.

Thanks for any help,

Rick