• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

newbie with Gerber Edge, help with setup

ego198

Yes that roller does degrade over time. As for the shocks- I use one of these to mount new ones - it compresses the shock so you can mount it.
No- I can operate composer with the machines off.
oh that is the word, sorry for my english, the rubber is like DEGRADED, and very sticky if you press it..very disgusting touch it is like kind of shit hahahaha
what a creative solution for the shocks!, i will be using my hard head:D until i find the shocks for reasonable price..in USA the shocks seems to be in automotive parts but here in Spain i dont know...maybe not.

i will check again the Composer vs turn on off printer maybe i did something wrong...i will upadate with news.
Thank you mates!

ego198

ONE last question, are there any other parts of the machine that fails with time? i see the rubber roller and shocks im not the only one with them failling..are there any other parts that tends to fail with years?

Jburns

- yes, the drum on the plotter may fail. Keep the printer covered and clean and should serve you well.
Also - try using just the blue dongle on the software- I have never seen two dongles plugged into each other.

ego198

It's like control tower, talking the pilot passenger down for safe landing

hahaha im sorry i know your eyes bleeding hahaha sorry!

there arent spanish forums with gerber users...better said i guess there arent gerber users around here....

ego198

- yes, the drum on the plotter may fail. Keep the printer covered and clean and should serve you well.
Also - try using just the blue dongle on the software- I have never seen two dongles plugged into each other.

thank you very much Jburns, i will follow your instructions! my drum only there is a small area on the left side that is a little bit degraded like the rubber i replace...hope it gets not bigger...trying not to touch it or press it so much..

ill try just the blue one, maybe this is the mistake..i will keep you informed;)

ego198

Hello mates, just to let you know,

remember i said i could not load graphix advantage if edge was off?
Well as Jburns said this was cause of dongle installation in my notebook.

First installation:

2SocFAH.jpg

now i did what Jburns said, only plug the blue dongle and i can load GAdvantge while edge is off.
that issue is solved.

1wBh0Z9.jpg

Now im having issues with GSx Plotter, i guess need kind of adjustment or maybe blade is not installed properly...
the plotter is making fails cutting my files i will show you the results as you can see clearly what im saying...

ego198

Please i need some help, this is the issue i mentioned before,
as you can see ( i highlighted in red) the blade cuts in that paths it shoulnt cut.. the paths indicates movement from one point corner to other but my plotter is cutting all files where just should be moving not cutting...someone please help me.
thanks in advance

y6VBtZc.jpg

0rPXTZv.jpg

U6J9iUV.jpg

Hielorojo

Please i need some help, this is the issue i mentioned before,
as you can see ( i highlighted in red) the blade cuts in that paths it shoulnt cut.. the paths indicates movement from one point corner to other but my plotter is cutting all files where just should be moving not cutting...someone please help me.
thanks in advance

y6VBtZc.jpg

0rPXTZv.jpg

U6J9iUV.jpg
Hola, si tienes algun problema con tu Gerber contacta conmigo, yo tengo tambien dos Gerber y soy de Madrid, quizas pueda ayudarte.
Hello, contact me if you have problem with your Gerber, I have a LE and FX model and I could help you, I live in Madrid also.

dLsigns

thanks for posting Pablo :) And good luck with your machine!....I have a gerber edge as well that isn't working that i hope to get working soon

ego198

Hola, si tienes algun problema con tu Gerber contacta conmigo, yo tengo tambien dos Gerber y soy de Madrid, quizas pueda ayudarte.
Hello, contact me if you have problem with your Gerber, I have a LE and FX model and I could help you, I live in Madrid also.

hola hielorojo, muchas gracias por tu ofrecimiento, vaya yy encima somos vecinos!!!!

ya me gustaria contactarte por otro motivo mas alegre, pero he vuelto a tener un problema, problemon mas bien diria yo...y ando en busca de alguien que entienda que me pueda echar una mano..te he mandado un mp contando....

ego198

Hello please someone give me some help, ive been working with my gerber very well, very happy with it till today. i got problems again hope you can give me a hand...

Today due to a problem i had to format my HDrive, i formated and then i tried to reinstall graphix advantage from the original cd and it is imposible, all day trying to install and it is imposiible.
Please i need some help cause this is driving me crazy. note im trying to reinstall the same version, GA 6.21, no updating or upgrading no no...

I have original cd and original dongle blue and grey, 2 dongles.
i tried with both and always the same error.

installation starts from set up in cd, then says>looking for previously installed or something like this.... and then>error UNABLE TO READ GSP SECURIY BLOCK. DO YOU WANT TO TRY AGAIN?-Y/N (this while dongle is attached like i did for the 1st time installation-->correct for me)

What does this means and how i fix it? do you know?

ive tried everything possible different combinations, dongles, checked bios parallel port config, disabled sistem stand by..the hard drive was totally clean previously formated...i dont know what to do.
In mi little experience is like if dongles have been rewritted or blocked or erased and now when you put in paralel port they are not recognized....¿??¿?

im so saaad! I ve paid big money for this set up and now i have a machine that doesnt work..
maybe you have heard of this before and know how to help me?

If you need i can attach pictures everything you need.
Sorry for my english.

Thanks in advance.

Jburns

Did you download the driver for the security block? It probably got wiped off the computer. you need that for the block to be read by the computer.

ego198

Did you download the driver for the security block? It probably got wiped off the computer. you need that for the block to be read by the computer.
Hello Jburns, thanks.

Yes i guess ive done that.
Control panel says it is installed version 7.5.9 but nothing happens

Also theres an app called sentinel medic...and that app looks and sees the dongle attached it says sentinel superpro detected and workin properly no errors but it is impossible to install from cd GA 6.2--continuosly the same error:

UNABLE TO READ GSP SECURIY BLOCK. DO YOU WANT TO TRY AGAIN?-Y/N

Should i try with other computer?
This one weas totally cleaned i just made format¿?

ego198

rblock app if i open with the dongle attached says this

vAAM4BR.jpg

Does this mean the dongle is damaged?
always says error with the dongle and it is impossible to install GA.

MAy i contact to gerber? do they offer support help with such old dongles and soft????

Billct2

I've heard of them being damaged, not erased though. Gerber used to replace damaged ones if you could prove it was a legitimate copy and pay them whatever exorbitant fee they wanted. I would keep looking at some type of software issue, but I can't help you there.