• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newby in Mississippi

GoGoSignCo

Hello all, new to tall of this and looking forward to learning. I've purchased a used Roland SP-300v and have dumped thousands in supplies. I have my first paying customer I'm dealing with right now and need all kinds of help lol. I've been lurking and I like what I see! Looking forward to talking you you all.

Go Go Sign Co

Joe

Andy D

Hello all, new to tall of this and looking forward to learning. I've purchased a used Roland SP-300v and have dumped thousands in supplies. I have my first paying customer I'm dealing with right now and need all kinds of help lol. I've been lurking and I like what I see! Looking forward to talking you you all.

Go Go Sign Co

Joe

My Wife and I are getting ready to sell our house next spring, to move back to her land in Hattiesburg Mississippi, not too far away.
The timing should be perfect, I'll look you up to buy your equipment after your company goes under!!!!

100% joking, I'm sure you will do great, and welcome.

GoGoSignCo

My Wife and I are getting ready to sell our house next spring, to move back to her land in Hattiesburg Mississippi, not too far away.
The timing should be perfect, I'll look you up to buy your equipment after your company goes under!!!!

100% joking, I'm sure you will do great, and welcome.

I read that and was like WTF? Lol. I won't fail bc I have so much drive. I'm retired military and work for the Mil still, also sell utility trailers. This is something I'm starting up hot and heavy for my girl to have work to do. I have my first sign job due next weekend. I still don't know how to cut from my MacBook Pro tho :(
from what I've read and heard I need the versa works program that is Windows only unless I pay 1100 for the license on the Mac. Looks like I'm buying a dedicated Windows machine. Anyone can help me with this question I'll owe you one.
I run Adobe CC illustrator (paying monthly) can I plot directly to the Roland SP-300v from that or do I need a rip program. If I need a rip, which ones do you recommend?

GoGoSignCo

Thanks!

Thanks for all the love! I most def need one question answered. I'm trying to cut from Adobe CC illustrator to my roland. Do I need a plug in / RIP program to do this? I'm so confused :(

I'm searching for some classes to take on this. I'm not having much luck with this exact question on the interwebs probably due to it being so obvious of an answer lol.

Andy D

Thanks for all the love! I most def need one question answered. I'm trying to cut from Adobe CC illustrator to my roland. Do I need a plug in / RIP program to do this? I'm so confused :(

I'm searching for some classes to take on this. I'm not having much luck with this exact question on the interwebs probably due to it being so obvious of an answer lol.

Yes, you will need a plot program. We use finecut that came with our mimaki plotter via CorelDraw. There's several 3rd party plot programs, co-cut is the only one coming to mind.
I'm not sure which one works best with Illustrator.

It looks like COCUT has a 30 day free trial.

GoGoSignCo

Yes, you will need a plot program. We use finecut that came with our mimaki plotter via CorelDraw. There's several 3rd party plot programs, co-cut is the only one coming to mind.
I'm not sure which one works best with Illustrator.

It looks like COCUT has a 30 day free trial.

Sweet, thanks for the info! I'm researching it as we speak.

GoGoSignCo

Sweet, thanks for the info! I'm researching it as we speak.

From what I can see online, it doesn't work with Mac. I'm so lost at what to do. I considered going and buying a new laptop just to do this but from what I can see many programs don't work well with Windows 10.

Andy D

I didn't think about the fact you use a Mac, I'm sure there's a program right for your Mac/Adobe combo.
Your best bet is start a new thread in the product referral and/or the Adobe forum,
much more likely to catch the attention of the members that have been in the same boat.

Best of luck.

decalman

Hello, I will share some great info for you. Theres a great little book, called " Mastering Layout and design" by Mike Stevens
You can buy it from suppliers. This book is a must. It's a quick course on how to do layouts. Well worth the 29 bucks.
Lots of new signers, make signs that look like they were done in a swap meet. I have used the info in the book well, and People think i know what I;m doing? ( sometime) :smile: