• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Newby needing something to do

Little300z

Brand new~ I am just getting into printing and cutting for boats and RVs I am disabled and want something to occupy my time on days I can do stuff. I’ve had my cricut machine for many years and love to work on it. I am looking at an HP latex 335 printer with an HP cutter. Would this be a good start to a small business? Not looking to do major prints. Wanting to do our boat, RV and a few Jeep’s at first. Then maybe sell some on Etsy or at events. Not looking for a lot of profit. I would love to just make what I have in expenses. I am tech and craft savvy. Any thoughts about the equipment I need to purchase?

Little300z

I would like to stay around 15k all in. I have a rare disease- I have headaches 24-7. Some days they are 2-3 pain and others higher.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I guess you can see you're gonna be making a big step....... and to do it right, a very expensive step. Consider subbing out your needs and keep track of how the various mediums work and look into it more deeply, when you have better direction. This will also hone your design skills.

AGCharlotte

Agreed on the latex, some solvents stink and generate headaches, both from the fumes and from the extra maintenance. Anybody know if the 335 requires a 220 circuit like the 570?
But don't forget to get a laminator, especially if you are going to do any vehicles, let alone boats.
What do you currently do design work with for the cricut? This can become quite the added expense if you don't include it in your budget. Make sure your printer has a RIP included.
All of the 3XX and 5XX are 220V. Not sure on the 110/115. - edit, just looked it up... 110/115 are also 220V.