• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newby to Flexi...Setting CMYK as Default in Vector Images

datcat

I'm testing the waters with Flexi Starter (see upgrades in near future). I had a file that was Flexi format (RGB) I wanted to supply to my friend who burns screens for me for screen printing. The T's I do are very simply designed and up to 4 color so he requested that I change my colors to 100 % C,Y,M or K to simplify things on his end. Being unfamiliar with where to find this in Flexi, I just exported to AI and attempted to do it there. I never could get it to go to 100%. It would accept the change but when I'd move to the next vector of a different color, change it, and go back to the first color (to check before saving), the values were no longer 100% (very close...but would have 1-3% of other mixes and only ~96% of the intended value). My bud (who's shop is primarily offset printing) thought I was doing something wrong in AI tried to make it work as well but had the same outcome. He ended up having to go with a Pantone value to achieve his preference. He thinks it's some glitch from the orignal file being Flexi RGB to begin with ????
I gues this is a 2 part question....
1) Anybody know why this was happening in AI (CS)
2) How do I set Flexi to default to CMYK for vector files and or change the file to CMYK before exporting?

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Import a cmyk swatch table and apply the colors or
change your color mixer from rgb to cmyk and apply the color.