• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newest business card

Pat Whatley

Trying for something a little more subtle. The logo will be glossy, the rest will be matte. Debating on making the whole red panel at the bottom glossy as well.

Attachments

• sis-card-2010.jpg
    sis-card-2010.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 92

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Nice!
Have you tried the banner in red w/ white text?

Website? with email address.

Gmail lacks professionalism for an established business in my opinion...

Locals Find!

I like your idea of using the spot lamination method. Definitely spot lam the red too. Will put it all together.

I agree with the other poster your logo is strong enough you don't need your name again over the phone number.

signmeup

"In Seconds" inside the banner isn't working for me. It's hard to read... maybe it's crowding the banner space a bit? I think if it was a touch smaller it might read better.
Overall , it reminds me of Ricks work. (Needs a touch of olive green.)

Pat Whatley

Are you still working on the logo redesign?

I don't know. The guy I've been working with on the project just got hired by a major branding company. I've got a sneaking suspicion my "freebie/trade" project just got shoved from the back burner to the floor.

Gmail lacks professionalism for an established business in my opinion...

You know, I don't think I've ever sent an email to a company and had a single thought about the domain name unless it was a pain in the butt to spell and seriously, if a potential customer is going to judge me based on my email account I'm probably better off without them. that's just my opinion though, and history shows that my opinion and the rest of the world's don't exactly match up a lot of the time. Until I get a web domain, though, I'm kind of stuck with what I can get.

Last edited:

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I just checked at Register.com and signs-in-seconds.com is available. signsinseconds.com actually brings up a page with a link saying the domain might be for sale. Have you contacted them about their asking price?

Tim Kingston

I like it. I think it can be improved though, I guess you do too, or else you wouldn't be asking, right?:smile: I'd start with the alignment. Since you are going with a center alignment, my suggestion is to align the edges of the logo with the text. As it stands, the logo is too far to the viewer's right, in my opinion. Also, I'd consider enlarging the logo, perhaps taking it right off the left and right edges. I think the shape is strong enough that you don't have to show whole thing to know it is a stopwatch and this would allow you to enlage your main text. Just a thought, Tim.

Deaton Design

I like it Pat. Only observation I might make, is it seems there is too much white in the logo part. Maybe toy with the colors a little more on that.:)

Pat Whatley

I just checked at Register.com and signs-in-seconds.com is available. signsinseconds.com actually brings up a page with a link saying the domain might be for sale. Have you contacted them about their asking price?

I'm not using hyphens, I have enough trouble explaining to people the IN is I N and not just the letter N.

I contacted the squatter who has the website a couple of years ago. When we first tried to register the name I went through register.com. I made it all the way to the point we'd have to pay for it before I realized I didn't have my VISA with me. Three days later I tried to register and a squatter had it. Apparently this is fairly common with register.com.

They originally wanted $2500 for it, the price is now down to $400. I'm choosing, instead, to try ICANN's Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy. It's a bit slow but we'll see what happens. The squatter who has it has been challenged quite a bit through ICANN and as far as I can tell has never defended himself.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I'm not using hyphens, I have enough trouble explaining to people the IN is I N and not just the letter N.

I contacted the squatter who has the website a couple of years ago. When we first tried to register the name I went through register.com. I made it all the way to the point we'd have to pay for it before I realized I didn't have my VISA with me. Three days later I tried to register and a squatter had it. Apparently this is fairly common with register.com.

They originally wanted $2500 for it, the price is now down to $400. I'm choosing, instead, to try ICANN's Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy. It's a bit slow but we'll see what happens. The squatter who has it has been challenged quite a bit through ICANN and as far as I can tell has never defended himself.

Keeps us posted on how it goes. I've got a similar situation with my domain.

Locals Find!

Try Advertizit.net you won't get hit by a squatter there.