• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Niagara Falls

JamesLam

Ya think that long, eh ?? I don't think today's kids would even wanna go look at them. Just google it, see them on their cell phone and go back to gaming.
Great opportunity for everyone (including the parents) to put the cell phones aside for a few hours.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, like some 15 year old is gonna listen to that command.............................. They'll just say, I ain't going to watech water fall.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I should have went to Niagara Falls instead of the Hoover Dam. The Falls looks spectacular, hope you post some photos when you return!

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
My two girls are in their mid 20’s now..
Been doing these 4 day weekend trips on Easter weekend since they were little, you only live once and they grow up quick. Take advantage of the time together. Done a bunch, Boston, DC, NYC, Chicago
Philly, Rode Island, all a few times.
Always have a blast.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
We're doing DC with the kids on spring break. My wife and I used to live up there, lots to do and see but we were young and don't think that we truly appreciated it as much as we should have.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
DC is a great trip.
Definitely the museum!
My favorite is the Dulles air and space museum. I remember when they flew the Concorde in there and parked it on the back nine while they built the place. Also the marine corps museum in Quantico is really nice. My daughter was scared when I took her there a few years ago.

binki

The American side is crap unless you want to buy a semi cheap house there. Covid increased the price of houses but you can still find some for a good price.

The Canadian side reminds me of Universal Studios. Kind of a theme park without the admission prices but high sales taxes. There are several good tours, Maid of the Mist, the tour where you walk behind The Falls and a trip down the river to see a Cat-5 Rapids. The Horseshoe Falls is only visible in Canada unless you do the bridge in the USA but why? They also have a nice night show with lights, or used to.

Some interesting facts are that the breaks they put on at night help retard the erosion. The Falls moved over 7 miles in 300 years because of the soft nature of the landscape but the breaks now retard that erosion quite a bit. The froze falls has happened a few times, there are many pictures of people walking on it at those times. The amount of water that passes over The Falls from what I remember is something like 90 million gallons of water a day.

Several people have passed over The Falls and some survived. The most notable was a child in the 60's that went over the Horseshoe Falls and survived.

Enjoy the trip.

Stacey K

I like making signs
We also have done a few short trips. Chicago is definitely the favorite so far. We did the museums, the bean and Mike Ditkas Steak House, best meatloaf I ever had in my life!

St. Louis was fun too. The Arch isn't worth the money. The City Museum was AWESOME!!!! Took in a baseball game and the area around the stadium is built up and new. The hood appears out of nowhere there...we learned real quick not a good idea to walk around there.

Graceland is next on the list. I think I need to add Niagara Falls after this conversation!

binki

You will like Niagara Falls. Stay in Canada though. You can fly into Buffalo and drive over or take a shuttle or taxi. You can pretty much walk the entire tourist area of the city. The paid tours are pretty nice.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Good info,
Just catching up.

Stacey K. You ordered meatloaf at a high end steak house? Interesting…
Wonder if it’s better than mine…

Agree, St. Louis arch ride was terrible.

JamesLam

You will like Niagara Falls. Stay in Canada though. You can fly into Buffalo and drive over or take a shuttle or taxi. You can pretty much walk the entire tourist area of the city. The paid tours are pretty nice.
If Allegiant flies into an airport near you and offers direct flights to Niagara that might be an option. Niagara Falls airport is an Allegiant hub as well. Mind you a drive from NJ to Niagara Falls is just a good days car ride so flying and then renting a car here may not make sense.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Mike we decided to all order a different meal and then we tried everyone's food since it was hard to decide what to order LOL!!! The steak was DELICIOUS also! We ate Chicago style pizza at Uno's also which was also excellent. BBQ ribs in St. Louis were very good!

I think one of the best things about traveling is trying the local food. When people visit us in Wisconsin we make sure to fry some Johnsonville brats and serve locally baked hard rolls. We also get fresh cheese curds from the cheese factory down the road.

Heading to Mexico tomorrow so looking forward to trying some new Mexican dishes!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I was in Colorado and couldn't figure out where to eat... so we ended up going to Texas Roadhouse..... It felt lame but they know what Texans like