• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Niagara Falls

garyroy

Corning Glass Works and Corning Glass Museum might be worth stopping for also.
I remember going through Glass Works as a kid, the Museum is newer.

JamesLam

It is a beautiful ride from New Jersey to Buffalo. Croton-on-the-Hudson and upstate New York , through Corning New York. But, only in Spring, Summer and early Fall.
Sometimes we would take the 390 through Corning and finish the drive to Buffalo on route 20A instead of the I90. If in season we would hit Yummies in Warsaw for an icecream break.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
So just got back last Sunday…
Stayed on the Canadian side for 3 nights. We were going over Easter weekend last spring but all of the excursions were closed so postponed our trip.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I’ll post some pics in a bit.
If you haven’t been there you have to go it’s amazing… costs a fortune but when on vacation $$ don’t matter

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Canada side absolutely.
Bring a lot of money…
Because it’s very exspensive.
Just need a passport.. takes like 45 to an hour to get back in the US.

But open borders in the Texas????!!!!
We’re they just come in…

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
If you stay in the Tourist Area on the Canadian Side it's way over priced for Food, Hotels, and parking.
I have never stayed on the American side so I don't know how that compares.

Johnny Best

I feel the American side is the same as the Canadian except not as many people, and no wait at the boarder bridge to show passport.
To me it is just a ton of water falling over a ledge of rocks.

JamesLam

The real question is, which side was better?
This debate is as old as the 'The Chicken or The Egg' or 'Ford vs Chevy'.

On the US side you are a stones throw from Buffalo and the Finger Lakes. The Albright Knox gallery is cool, the Historical Museum and the Science Museum are worth the visit. If you are a hockey fan NHL games in Buffalo are a heck of a lot cheaper than going to some of the big cities like Boston, NYC or Toronto.

The Canadian side of the Falls is definitely more touristy, with more to offer the kiddies. Clifton Hill, go-carts, museums, the Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory. There is also the Bird Conservatory, the Journey Behind the Falls and the recently opened Niagara Parks Power Station.

Niagara-On-The-Lake is a nice place to visit but can be a little busy for some. Best to go midweek. If you are into wine, I have to say that the Canadian wines are better than the NY or PA wines. And I'm not saying this out of loyalty. The Wine Council of Ontario and the Vintner's Quality Alliance (VQA) have been putting a lot of money and science behind Ontario wines for decades and it shows.

If you head into downtown Toronto you are about 90 minutes from the border. Hockey Hall of Fame, the ROM, the AGO, Ripley's Aquarium, the Distillery District, lots of museums as well as a very robust theatre district. If you are a sports fan there's the Leafs $$$, the Blue Jays $$$, the Toronto FC, the Argos and the Hamilton Ti-Cats.

Sure, Canada is more expensive, all tourist areas are more expensive. But with a 30% exchange rate you'll be fine. Also look for deals in the off-season.

Johnny Best

The best time to go is to buy some good weed in Canada or now New York and go in the winter when everything is frozen. The water mist is frozen on everything and you think you are in the Dr. Zavago movie. If your in Canada just remember they look down upon bringing weed int the US.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
one of may favorite views was of the bridge crossing over into Canada. We walked it which was really cool.

I really enjoyed both sides. Maybe spend a couple nights on each side. You’ll save money on the us side for sure.