• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nifty Tip: Review your e-mail at the end of the week

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Lately on Sunday mornings I've been going through the entire week's e-mail and making sure I didn't miss anything. Almost always I find something where the conversation left off with my response or action needed. I usually look at all the bids or requests that week and write a short "Good morning, just wanted to follow up on the request you made earlier this week". I also go through my open invoices waiting for initial payment and I kindly ask if we're still on for this job and the next step is payment. Last Sunday I got two payments from people I followed up on that just forgot about it during the week.

niftytips-jpg.140093

Last edited:

kcollinsdesign

Old member
I find more stuff that I missed on text messages and facebook instant messenger. Neither is as simple to manage as a good email client. They should both be used with caution. Messaging services will lower the resolution of attached images to meet their size restrictions. Better to send a dropbox link (or similar) if you use text messaging for transferring images. Facebook Messenger is another thing altogether. I have clients that insist on using it. It is a complete hassle. They, however, are comfortable with it and are not inclined to change. To them, email is a hassle.

joshGN

I live and die by my email....I get people calling, txt'ing and fb msgs...I tell all of them the same thing...

Send me an email and I'll get you a proof, estimate etc...

Email is my sanity...

Nice tip Tex!

gabagoo

I don't like when customer text message me as I want everything on my computer and not on my phone...very easy to forget something

Last edited:

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
When people want to send me orders by text I just tell them that my phone doesn't get them. Then when they ask for my email, I text it to them.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I usually flag my emails on the first read through and then don't unflag them until I have finished the task/answer the question. Even that doesn't work 100% and I find unfinished work by Friday!

visual800

I live and die by my email....I get people calling, txt'ing and fb msgs...I tell all of them the same thing...

Send me an email and I'll get you a proof, estimate etc...

Email is my sanity...

Nice tip Tex!
ABSOLUTELY! no matter who or how they contact me I send them straight to email then we can get down to business