• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

no ink help 1624

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Take some pictures of the damper area. We never really discussed how you know the ink is flowing during the cleanings. There should be no air in the lines above the dampers and when you run a cleaning, you should see ink flowing down the waste tubes into the waste tank. There is always some residual ink in the lines but during a cleaning you should see strong flow of ink.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
So the printer goes thru the motion of printing but doesn't actually jet any ink? You can see ink going thru the maintenance station when it is cleaning?

If both of those statements are true then you most likely have a blown F2 fuse. The F2 fuse on most main boards is just above the black heat sink in the top right of the board. It should be a 750ma fuse and should be easy to replace.

You mentioned in your first post that you replaced the cables, are you sure you followed the folds from the old cables on the new cables? Also make sure that the cables are centered when plugging them in, if not they can make contact with two cables and cause issues. I have attached a picture of a 628X main board, the fuse location on the 1624 should be in one of the two circled areas.

Attachments

• F2 Fuse.jpg
    F2 Fuse.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 119

Helltown concepts

Premium Subscriber
So the printer goes thru the motion of printing but doesn't actually jet any ink? You can see ink going thru the maintenance station when it is cleaning?

If both of those statements are true then you most likely have a blown F2 fuse. The F2 fuse on most main boards is just above the black heat sink in the top right of the board. It should be a 750ma fuse and should be easy to replace.

You mentioned in your first post that you replaced the cables, are you sure you followed the folds from the old cables on the new cables? Also make sure that the cables are centered when plugging them in, if not they can make contact with two cables and cause issues. I have attached a picture of a 628X main board, the fuse location on the 1624 should be in one of the two circled areas.
i checked all the fuses
i took the new cables off and put the old ones one

still the same result

Helltown concepts

Premium Subscriber
Take some pictures of the damper area. We never really discussed how you know the ink is flowing during the cleanings. There should be no air in the lines above the dampers and when you run a cleaning, you should see ink flowing down the waste tubes into the waste tank. There is always some residual ink in the lines but during a cleaning you should see strong flow of ink.
i have great ink.
no air in the lines coming in to the dampers
and on cleaning good flow from both waste tubes

Helltown concepts

Premium Subscriber
What about these two questions?
yes sir
it pulls ink for cleanings
and nothing when i do a nozzle check
at this point everything is new but the cr board.

fuses are all showing continuity i check the ones you both said to look at plus all the ones on the main.
and the one and only on the cr board.

this thing was printing prefect till that head strike......

3000 buck later nothing.

this has been days so a cr board?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
It is very rare that a CR Board would cause this issue. It is almost always a blown F2 fuse. Did you try to test the fuses outside of the main board? We have seen false good readings when it is in some boards.

Helltown concepts

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to hear about your issue man. What caused the head strike if you don't mind me asking. I know what a bummer it is to have a printer down, and wish you the best getting it up and going.
too high heat on reflective...it wasnt even a bad strike....but here i am

what i really need is what order and folder the cables go in iam second guessing myself and cant find that info