• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No Motivation today!

blueben

I hate days like this. I dont feel like doing anything work related. Would so rather go back to bed than sit in front of the computer today.

I have 3 kids in 3 different schools that have awards ceremony today at all different times. So I know as soon as I get started on something and I'm cruising along, next thing you know, I have to stop to head to the schools.

Anyone else having a day they just don't want to do anything?

J Hill Designs

All the time - I choose to PHONE IN SICK OF IT ALL

[video=youtube;r-1y2IS5dXo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-1y2IS5dXo[/video]

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your family should almost always come first. While there will be numerous occasions to see your kids graduate and see them at various ceremonies, it's still good to see Mom & Dad there in full support of their accomplishments at their age. Work will always be there. No one in their right mind is gonna curse you out for being with your children once in a while.

I have one for ya......
Back in 2000, my Dad passed away so I called and told the guys at work to get done what they could, cause I wouldn't be in. Ya know, I hadda help with arrangements and some running around to do, plus I just didn't have it in me to go to work. I literally couldn't concentrate. We had one customer tell my guys his truck was scheduled to be lettered that day and he doesn't care what excuse I have, he wants it lettered. It was a good customer, too. Back then, I didn't have the back up on computer work, I have today, so they couldn't do it. Well, like I said he WAS a good customer. I never called him, but I saw his wife one day and she acted all sweet and giggly and asked why we weren't doing Dave's trucks anymore and I simply said, the day my Dad died, Dave couldn't wait for me to come in and took it somewhere else, so whether he dropped me or not, I refuse to do work for someone like him. She said she was sorry and never knew, but added, his disposition is why we got divorced. Ha, I didn't know she left him. The turd is long out of business. Seems his bad temper and attitude got the best of him.

So, don't miss out on these once-in-a-life-time things.............. :thumb:

blueben

Your family should almost always come first. While there will be numerous occasions to see your kids graduate and see them at various ceremonies, it's still good to see Mom & Dad there in full support of their accomplishments at their age. Work will always be there. No one in their right mind is gonna curse you out for being with your children once in a while.

I have one for ya......
Back in 2000, my Dad passed away so I called and told the guys at work to get done what they could, cause I wouldn't be in. Ya know, I hadda help with arrangements and some running around to do, plus I just didn't have it in me to go to work. I literally couldn't concentrate. We had one customer tell my guys his truck was scheduled to be lettered that day and he doesn't care what excuse I have, he wants it lettered. It was a good customer, too. Back then, I didn't have the back up on computer work, I have today, so they couldn't do it. Well, like I said he WAS a good customer. I never called him, but I saw his wife one day and she acted all sweet and giggly and asked why we weren't doing Dave's trucks anymore and I simply said, the day my Dad died, Dave couldn't wait for me to come in and took it somewhere else, so whether he dropped me or not, I refuse to do work for someone like him. She said she was sorry and never knew, but added, his disposition is why we got divorced. Ha, I didn't know she left him. The turd is long out of business. Seems his bad temper and attitude got the best of him.

So, don't miss out on these once-in-a-life-time things.............. :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words Gino. I had every intention on going to the kids ceremonies. I have only missed one for my oldest due to a delayed flight coming home. I had it planned to not have much going on today since I would be gone 4+ hours today.

This morning, I just felt so sluggish and had no motivation to do anything for work. I had 3 quick lettering layouts to do along with some emails and ordering. I got the ordering done and that was pretty much it.

On the bright side, all my kids got honors for their grades and my oldest got the "Over Achiever" award today for helping his classmates with reading and language arts. He is in 8th grade and the school is considered a "High Stakes" school meaning in 8th grade, if you do not meet the reading/English requirements, you do not go onto 9th grade. It sucks for some who are smart in a lot of other ways, but not so much with this subject.

He spent almost every lunch break helping/tutoring kids that were having a hard time with this subject. Even started the reading club for his grade which had 70+ students every Wednesday in it. More than half of them failed the proficiency test at the beginning of the year. Everyone who failed it then, passed it two weeks ago that was in the group.

We knew he had started the club and he said he was helping other kids with reading, but we had no idea the magnitude of his work. Talk about being a proud parent. I don't think I could be more proud of him right now. I had been giving him a hard time the past couple of months for not working hard around the house or the office like he has in the past to only find out he was probably working harder than I ever did at the age of 14.

What started as such a sluggish morning has turned out to be an awesome day. I may be a little behind in work but I am so far ahead when it comes to my family.

visual800

Oh yes. And those days I dont do anything. There is nothing wrong with it at all, so you miss a day big deal. Some of us have that luxury. That is something noone can take away

KevSign

Be there for them, and work late that day to cover which project you not finish. You should proud of your kids all getting award. Their award that's your award too being good parent and care for your kids.

I am working a lot hours too event weekend, but I always come home for dinner around 7pm and chat with my 3 girls until 9pm going to the shop working until 11pm. In the morning drop them off school and go to work.

I told my 3 girls, if they all graduated in University that more than I win million dollars in lottery.