• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No need of typography knowledge

Floridaman

Screenshot_20210612_230734.jpg

How come they didn't notice that both letters E are...mirrored? Having the logo a few feet under as a reference

Last edited:

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I can understand an occasional installation oopsie with flat dimensional letters, but this had to be totally botched starting with the design process with the mirrored returns AND faces.

The kerning is wonky as well.

JB

Val47

I'm thinking: pissed off designer making a joke that didn't get caught
Or... Young executive, wanting to take the design outside the box. But they only had control on the big sign project.

ProSignTN

I'm not changing the subject, just the application. So, I got this sweet little 20" trim mower to clear out an easy route for my old tractor Cub Cadet. Keep in mind it is a "trim" mower. Anybody who has ever mowed a yard knows how to trim. Kinda like NASCAR, turn left. Common sense; grass exhaust on the right, left side hugs what is being trimmed. One lap cuts way down on the weed eating. The top left side of the mower comes in contact with anything I am trimming around. But the engineer who designed my sweet little 20" trim mower decided to put the fuel tank, with a very loose 1/4 turn cap, you guessed it, on the top left hand side of the mower. I hit a shrub and knock that quarter turn gas cap loose about three times every time I mow the yard.

I do have a point. It is not just the sign trade/business/industry that is infected by incompetence. All industries are struggling to find intelligent, motivated and competent individuals to complete a basic task. Considering that being a sign professional requires knowledge of most every other trade, (color management, tinsmith, crane rigging, layout, design, concrete, steel, aluminum, glass, plastics of all kinds, woods, laminates, glues, paints, primers, epoxies, neon, fluorescent, LED lighting, tensile strength, sheer strength, how to dig a feakin' post hole, load balance, 110v or 220v, or maybe 440v, houseboats and water tanks) it is more than understandable that finding a good signperson in this day and age would be almost impossible.

Find the inspired, hire them and train them. Works for me.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
The fabrications guys were in a hurry and put the backs on the wrong side of the can. Someone towards the end noticed it, but because of the deadline and costs to remake it, they pushed it through hoping the customer wouldn't notice... The customer never mentioned it so they moved on to the next pressing deadline.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
The fabrications guys were in a hurry and put the backs on the wrong side of the can. Someone towards the end noticed it, but because of the deadline and costs to remake it, they pushed it through hoping the customer wouldn't notice... The customer never mentioned it so they moved on to the next pressing deadline.
I thought that at first but...doesn't the can have a rolled lip / edge (to retain the face)? I'm no expert whatsoever but it's definitely not a sharp edge.

JB