• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No Parking and Handicapped Signs

TXsignguy

What is your go to red and blue vinyl for No Parking and Handicapped signs? I know we can print and cut any color, but I'd like to use a colored vinyl.

GypsyGraphics

What is your go to red and blue vinyl for No Parking and Handicapped signs? I know we can print and cut any color, but I'd like to use a colored vinyl.

in Virginia i believe retro reflective is required for "handicap" signs. and here in California we can't use the "H" word... we have to say "Accessible"
(sooooo PC, boooo)

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
GG is correct... we were working on projects in Virginia almost 2 years ago, minimum background vinyl is required to meet or exceed ASTM D4956-01, 3M's 3430 exceeds that standard.

The colors are required to be reflective as well, I would look at 3M's 1170 transparent vinyl. Red-1172 and Blue-1175. If colors have to match, 3M can custom color match their transparent inks for screen-print. It's my understanding that only one printer can print full color transparent graphics on retro-reflective. - but I lost the link!

visual800

in Virginia i believe retro reflective is required for "handicap" signs. and here in California we can't use the "H" word... we have to say "Accessible"
(sooooo PC, boooo)

Are you kidding me? WTH is a reflective handicapped sign for? Every year dumber and dumber

TXsignguy

Thanks for all of the quick replies.

At the suggestion of our supplier, we used Avery 900 Cardinal Red and Vivid Blue on reflective blanks.