• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No roland service reps?????????????

Victorian Signs

8 SIGNSHOPS, 40 MILE RADIUS,10 ROLAND PRINTERS..................REP-LESS.......................WE LOST TONAS GRAPHICS, PIONEER SUPPLY AS ROLAND DEALERS, AND WE HAVE...........NO SERVIVE REPS..........SOME UNDER WARRANTY, SOME NOT, :banghead:TRIED TO CONTACT SOMEONE HIGH-UP @ ROLAND..............YOU KNOW HOW THAT PICTURE WAS PAINTED...........I PERSONALLY HAVE HAD ROLAND EQUIPMENT IN MY STUDIO FOR 20 YRS, ANYONE KNOW OF ANY DEALERS IN CENTRAL PA...............THEY PRETTY WELL SAID DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE A?? ON THE WAY OUT..........

petepaz

not sure how deep in pa you are but you can try TyrrellTech they are in flemmington, nj
we have been using them for a few months and they have been really good
we bought a machine from them and we are ordering materials
if they can't help you maybe they know someone who can
www.tyrrelltech.com
ask for dan (he is actually on this site also i think he is under Dramm)

petepaz

if tyrrelltech doesn't work out you can try proveer they are in quackertown
we used them when they where sign supply usa and they where about 5 miles from our shop they where pretty good

Gino

Premium Subscriber
not sure how deep in pa you are but you can try TyrrellTech they are in flemmington, nj
we have been using them for a few months and they have been really good
we bought a machine from them and we are ordering materials
if they can't help you maybe they know someone who can
www.tyrrelltech.com
ask for dan (he is actually on this site also i think he is under Dramm)

The main location in Maryland might be closer for you.

So, Vic is out of business ?? Didn't know this. I always liked him. I did a few deals with him. Always a very fair and above board kinda guy in my book.

ova

We used Tonas also, Got an email a couple of weeks ago telling us they were no longer a Roland dealer. I know there's one in Charleston, WV one in Columbus, OH and I think there's one near Waynesburg, PA or somewhere close to there. If you get on Rolands site and search for a dealer near you, it will pop up.

I talked to a guy at the Roland office asking about going to their "University" to becime a dealer and tech guy. He flat out told me they were not interested. I'm glad I was a nib nose when they did come to service our machine. So far I've changed the ribbon for the head a couple of times, had to prime the head when the tab didn't release on an MT cartridge. I think the encoder strip is bad now. Looks like I'll learn how to do that next.

We're getting our inks from the Columbus dealer.

Good luck
Dave

DRamm76

Thanks Pete.
@ Victorian, we would be more than happy to help you out. Isn't Bellafonte off Route 80 near 99? If so Maryland would be 200 miles and we are 207 so we can both help you all out. PM with any questions or I can send you my contact information and we can get together and get you guys up and running.

Mike_Koval

You can contact us at Imprintables. Our tech Phil would be the guy to talk to.

As for supplies and Ink, we can service that as well...

DCaptDan

Ova,
You can clean the encoder strip and encoder sensor with rubbing alcohol, nothing else. If that doesn't help, you can get one flip out of the strip by punching new mounting holes in it. You'll see black dots where the holes have to be punched. This will save you a couple of hundred bucks.

ova

I tried to flip the encoder strip before. It had too much residue from the ink. We tried cleaning it a couple of times with no luck.

I'm not even sure it's the encoder strip. The problem is, everyday we have to adjust the contour cut. Anywhere from plus 1.? to -1.?. It's back and forth everyday. The last time this happened, we had the strip changed and all was OK. That's why I'm thinking it's the same problem.

Thanks for the info and sorry about hijacking the thread some.

Back on subject. I was told the Roland rep in Charleston WV is good. We'll see.

Thanks Dave