• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Noob question - My transfer tape is smaller than my graphic...

skittles

This is a new situation for me. I tried a search on here and didn't find anything - perhaps because it's obvious. lol

I am doing a large project for a friend's business - decals on the windows and door. My clear app tape works great for this (Oracal 651 on glass), but my paper tape that I normally use (for Oracal 631 on walls) isn't working well.

The largest size I have of clear app tape is 15". The decal I'm installing is 20"x20". Can I slightly layer 2 pieces of app tape? Or will it leave a mark?

Thanks so much! I've already messed this up once, so I'm hoping to get this to work this time. The other decals I've put on the windows look great!

This forum is very helpful and I hope someday I can return the favor. :)

TwoNine

You can panel the tape, Skittles - However, if you're putting it on a super smooth surface, you may have a little line of tiny bubbles on the seam....But Yes, you can do it - then just pop your little bubbles.

YOU CAN DO IT!! =)

-Chad

TwoNine

Or (Sorry - Just thought of this) Center the tape on the graphic - it only leaves 2.5" on either side.....Should be able to just to it that way, with one piece of tape, and it should work too.....Either way. (The first way is probably easier for you....)

Good Luck!
-Chad

gabagoo

what I do to avoid the air gap between the two pieces of tape is butt the premask together, then run a strip of 2 or 3" over that.