• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Norton 360 will get my boot up there you know what

Zambookajoe

I notice yesterday my Norton Antivirus is expired , I go to wally world and there's no regular Antivirus theve got 360 in stock so I say what the hell Ill try that. So Install that first thing in the morning on the shop PC and dont work on it for 3 hours Im doing other stuff.. So I go to print 2 pretty big signs on my jv33 with rasterlink3... nothing works program opens and freezes after 4 F%$^# hours of removing and try this trying that I get a flashback what about the Norton 360.. remove that everything works fine

Im kinda fed up with there BS Im getting my money back

Graphics2u

I had Norton On all my computers at work and home until 2 months ago. I switched to Microsoft Security Essentials, Its free and works good, and don't hog near the memory that Norton did.

joeshaul

Aside from a few products, most anti-virus applications are hypocritical in nature. Something that consumes system resources, hinders users abilities, and tries to spread to every computer possible sounds like a virus to me, now you're just paying for it to boot.

Bly

I got rid of Norton on my work PCs last year and replaced it with ESET and have never looked back. You don't even realise it's running until it wants your attention (very rarely).

Norton is a resource hog and is hard to remove from a PC. I think from memory I had to download a special "Norton removal tool" to eradicate it completely.

At home I use AVG which seems adequate.

strypguy

A friend of mine owns a computer store. He absolutely hates Norton products. And yes it is hard to get rid of completely off your computer unless you know what to do.

Another good one is Avast. It's free for 1 year and is not a resource hog.

John

CES020

+1 on eset. It's the very best program I've ever used. I've used Norton, McAfee, AVG free, AVG paid, Avast, and probably a couple more.

LOVE LOVE LOVE eset. Like you said, you really have no idea it's ever running. No computer slow downs, no feeling that it's taking over all control.

Very nice program.

CheapVehicleWrap

Norton was great 20+ years ago. But so was AOL. To me, they are both viruses. AOL continued to bill canceled accounts 20 years later and I would bet doing it to this day. Norton is nearly impossible for the average PC user to completely remove. JUNK, CR*P, SH*T, GARBAGE!

Techman

A friend of mine owns a computer store. He absolutely hates Norton products.

Almost every computer geek, IT tech and every one in between down to the average repair tech all hate norton and Mc Affee products. Especially the suites.

jjwstar

avg internet

i have to tell you guys...AVG internet security 2010 is the bomb!!! might be somewhat system intensive but it does the job. get the 3 user 2 year package & no worries for the next 2 year!! its the only way to go!!!