• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not Cutting completely - Random Cuts Lighters

Goatshaver

I've been cutting through with very little problems in the past few weeks. I just do double contour cuts on each piece and it's been great and they come out pretty easily. However I was just cutting a job and they were just rectangles but one thing that was happening is it will cut the Left, right and top without problems and then the bottom cut it doesn't cut all the way on the second pass. It's not always in the same spot it does this.

I know the general check the cut strip, but if it's cutting the top cut the bottom should cut as well. Could it just be a dulled blade causing it? Just rather odd it seems.

Ray Casiano

Technician/Designer/SignMaker
I've had a similar problem when i worked at a sign shop. It would cut all 3 sides perfect and the last line wouldn't connect at the last end and i would always cut it with my blade until i got a job with ROLAND... in VERSAworks in the file format tab in the settings: EPS margin needs to be set to 0.05 instead of 0.00 lmk if this is your problem or maybe a miss read.

Ray Casiano
Roland Tech

Goatshaver

I've had a similar problem when i worked at a sign shop. It would cut all 3 sides perfect and the last line wouldn't connect at the last end and i would always cut it with my blade until i got a job with ROLAND... in VERSAworks in the file format tab in the settings: EPS margin needs to be set to 0.05 instead of 0.00 lmk if this is your problem or maybe a miss read.

Ray Casiano
Roland Tech

Thanks. That's not the problem, the file is ok. It might cut 55 of the 65 pieces out fine. They're all the same file just stepped and repeated out.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Never mind, had a senior moment and thought it was about Goatshaver's SP-540

Attachments

• Tool pressure adjustment.pdf
    522.5 KB · Views: 201
Last edited: