• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not enough Memory in Versaworks

LUV DEM TIGERS

Okay, I have had my Roland Versacam 300VS-i for about 7 years now. I have used Versaworks on my computer and had Windows 7 and everything has worked PERFECLY. Well, a lot of my softwares are requiring that I go to Windows 10. So over the weekend I had someone upgrade my computer to Windows 10 and I also did the upgrade to Versaworks 6 (I had 5 previously). Well now when I go to image a file over 3 MB I get a message "the amount of memory required to use rip could not be secured". I googled and some said to slide the slider over with memory and I maxes it out at 3120 (or some number right around there) but I still get the message.

I am so frustrated. You would think upgrading would only get better. Does anyone know how I can fix this. I have 28 MB of Ram, same I had previously before upgrading all the softwares. I would love any feedback anyone has. I won't be back in my shop until tomorrow if anyone has some suggestions I can try.

LUV DEM TIGERS

Wow, that's some mismatched sticks of RAM in that machine... unless you actually have 32GB and usable is 28GB once your graphics card has borrowed some.
Apologies for going off topic.

No, I think my original had 12 GB and my new one had 16GB and I was able to pull the memory from the old one and put in the new one. I may just see about maxing it out and see if that helps.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
No, I think my original had 12 GB and my new one had 16GB and I was able to pull the memory from the old one and put in the new one. I may just see about maxing it out and see if that helps.

Mix and matching memory tends to hit performance. I'd take a look at your system specs to verify what the computer thinks is installed.

LUV DEM TIGERS

Mix and matching memory tends to hit performance. I'd take a look at your system specs to verify what the computer thinks is installed.
It shows 28 but I think I am going to go straight memory and max out. I am having a lot of lagging problems since installing Windows 10.

dreko

I just tried this early this week, and found a noticeable performance boost

I know it's about a network reset, but I think our windows 10 machines do get some slow downs because of network settings/connections. Truly one of the best small tricks I've done to see a performance boost. It's safe
Also, run something like Glary Utilities. This will make sure to optimize performance too

rjssigns

How many files are in the RIP que? VW will have issues if you leave a lot of files in either A or B or both.

LUV DEM TIGERS

How many files are in the RIP que? VW will have issues if you leave a lot of files in either A or B or both.
I dumped the que also. Now I have a problem where I have two files that I have deleted after they have imaged but when I close and reopen they appear back in the que again. I have deleted them over 10 times and they still won't go away.