• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not entirely sure................................................................??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We're wrapping a county vehicle and the specs say IJ5100R 3M. Is that air egress vinyl ?? I thought it was, and I got it in and it doesn't feel it at all. We need to go over body lines, curves and around sharp bends..... door jams, handles and some fender flares. I don't think a 3' x 9.5' piece is gonna be convinced to do that.

IJ680CR is air egress, but that didn't come in, yet. And that's for the rear deck door. No frickin' curves there. Figures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Gino

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I'd assume angularity means the reflective in the material is positioned in a way that reflects well from multiple angles rather than simply straight on.

Scotchbrite

No comment
I does say "intermediate" on the 3M site not that it's actually calendared. It's also not controltac adhesive which in my book makes it harder to use as well.

ikarasu

Reflective glass beads doesn't generally go by cast or calandered, it's made a different way.

5100r is for vehicles... But no, not air egress.

3m codes -

C is comply... Their normal air egress.

Mc is micro comply - tiny dots for air egress, better to not see lines in the final print.

R is removable... Blah blah.

If it doesn't say c, or Mc, and is a 3m product... You can bet 99% of the time it isn't comply.

You should still be fine, we've used it before for big panels... Just apply it wet. You can't really lift reflective without it bruising, so apply wet, when going around a curve or somewhere that needs more tackiness just heat that area up. You'll still get a bubble or two, but they pop easy.

Last edited:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Wow, our research is all over the place! flat/moderate curves.... do not wet apply/wet apply...

Are we helping at all Gino :roflmao:

DL Signs

Never go against the family
No... It's not air egress. I use it occasionally, it's pretty thick stuff, great for decals & lettering on flat surfaces, ok for simple curves, but a PITA on tight compound curves. As far as wet applying, don't give it more than a very light mist, just enough to help, not actually wet. Too wet and it'll fail on tight curves pretty quick. Don't ask how I know that ;)

unclebun

Yeah, reflective, not air egress. Not meant for wrapping regular cars and trucks. It'll do almost anything normal 4 mil calendared cut vinyl with application tape can do.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow, our research is all over the place! flat/moderate curves.... do not wet apply/wet apply...

Are we helping at all Gino :roflmao:

Yes, I don't know. I just know, I ain't doing it with this beat up sh!t they sent me. Where they bought this stuff, they're just gonna say...... others do it, so you should be able to do it, too. Nope, not this place. We don't use it so we're not sticking our necks out for you to save a buck.

Oh,noit to mention, all the specs say 3M, but 1/2 the sh!t is avery. Nice move, bowels.