• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not sure which Epson Printer to purchase

Jim Hill

The products I print are around 6" X 10" and I only need it for limited runs of 10 at a time.
Everything I print will be used outside, so which printer should I be looking at that uses ECO Solvent inks?

My old Roland was a 30" model.

Thanks, Jim

rjssigns

Smallest solvent printer Epson makes is the S40600 at 54 inches.
Mimaki doesn't have anything under 54 inches either.
Mutoh has a 24" but that may not work for you.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Smallest solvent printer Epson makes is the S40600 at 54 inches.
Mimaki doesn't have anything under 54 inches either.
Mutoh has a 24" but that may not work for you.
Mimaki has a 30" print/cut machine. CJV150-75 and there's a promo on it now for 8500

rjssigns

Mimaki has a 30" print/cut machine. CJV150-75 and there's a promo on it now for 8500
Dangit, I missed that one.

garyroy

The dealer I got my VersaCamm's from also sells Epson printers.
Although they have an in house tech, if something goes wrong with and Epson, he said that only Epson can service the printer.
That's a consideration when buying one. I don't know if that's unique to my dealer.
I'm not saying you cant service your own, but my dealer said his Tech would not service it in agreement with Epsons distributorship agreement.
Sounds weird to me but that's what he said.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The dealer I got my VersaCamm's from also sells Epson printers.
Although they have an in house tech, if something goes wrong with and Epson, he said that only Epson can service the printer.
That's a consideration when buying one. I don't know if that's unique to my dealer.
I'm not saying you cant service your own, but my dealer said his Tech would not service it in agreement with Epsons distributorship agreement.
Sounds weird to me but that's what he said.
Basically Epson doesn't give access to certain resources if you are not officially trained. So your dealer's tech probably just hasn't been trained on them. You could probably find an independent tech to work on them but they wouldn't be able to do warranty work. I hear Epson service is pretty quick though.

swordguy3222

If it's under warranty, there's no problem, but all 3 of mine are off warranty and we have no local techs to work on them, so I got the service tool and manuals and have a supplier that will order me the parts I need and do the work myself. Most of the things you might need to replace/repair are easy enough if you like taking things apart.

CanuckSigns

Our epson has been serviced by epson and by grimco.

The epson service was amazing, they overnight shipped pretty much every replaceable part in the printer, then the next day the tech showed up, changed what needed to be changed and took the unused parts back with him, extremly efficient.

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
Probably not the popular opinion but if that's the only thing you're printing with it, perhaps consider the Roland BN-20A. Print quality is excellent and for those small pieces and runs I doubt the slow speed will be a hindrance to your projects.