• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Now I'm confused?

For those of you that don't know me, I'm just starting out on my own and am currently researching my purchases. I have worked in the sign business for about six years. I thought I had it all figured out. I was going to buy a Designtech 60 from SSKY.com but now I'm considering purchasing a Graphtec 60 from a local supplier. This brings me to confusion about which software to buy. With SSKY I was going to purchase their "cibercut Max" software. Now that I have pretty much decided to purchase the Graphtec locally, I don't know what to buy. The local sign supplier offers Flexi. While I know Flexi is a great program, I can't afford that kind of dough for software. The CiberCut Max is only $500. I downloaded a demo and I like it pretty well actually. My other consideration is to purchase Corel. I have used Corel Draw several years ago, but not a whole lot. Should I go that route? To be honest I would rather have a dedicated sign program to avoid the quarks of Corel.

One last note, my sign business is only a part time business for me; to get me thru college. Otherwise, I would probably go all out, and buy a printer/cutter and Flexi and who knows what else, lol.

BTW - My local supplier is selling Graphtec CE3000Mk2 - 60's for $1385!

Thanks for all your help!!:U Rock:

JMDigital

Seeing that its part time.. Go with either the 500.00 prog. or corel with something like COCUT. Flexi is great but it cost some major $$$ . If its only to get you some extra school cash. As long as you can design with the CiberCut Max and you allready are used to it.. it sounds like the way to go.. You never know you could do some big jobs make some exta cash then get the flexi...

:thumb:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm sitting here now playing with the Ciber Max demo version and have to say that I find it to be a very interesting application. It has excellent node editing tools and seems to have everything you would expect to find in a far more costly application.

I've never used any other program but have used Ciber-Cut for about 3 years now.Seems to do everything I need it to do. I also have the designtech 60 and am satisfied with it. From what I am told it is the same as the Graptech (Of course, minus a few extras)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have discovered one feature I don't much care for unless I'm missing something. That is that you can't mulitask with it. When you have it open it can't be minimized and there is no Windows Task Bar.

Wow! Thats quite a compliment toward the Cibercut software, Fred! On my computer the windows task bar is visible and I can minimize it. Actually, I have it open right now.

Above all - Glad the software and the cutter has worked out for you!

Thanks everyone! I'm thinkin about just goin with Cibercut.:thankyou:

Derf

Bite the bullet and get Flexi! if your serious about getting into the sign business, just get flexi and sell an extra banner or two or three...... to pay for it. You will thank your self down the road. However, if you stuck with spending -$500 then look for used older programs for sale (with Key) like Sign Mate, Flexi Letter an so forth.

Techman

Corel draw with cocut Pro.. you cannto go wrong,,
It is so low in cost , then it will do anything you will ever need to do for vinyl. So many who never used it dotn know what they are missing. Its a complete sign making package.. Go get the demo,, and see for yourself..,,

Do all you designin corel and then click the button for the plugin of cocut pro to start.. its so easy just as plugins make photoshop so easy..

--Techman

PGSigns

I bought the package deal from SSK with the Designtec 60 and the cybercut max and it works very well for the price. The trace works pretty good and the node editing is very easy. You can minimise it and work several designs at one time. I use it along with Corel Draw to do al my work. The only thing it wont do is put a drop shadow on an outline. The support you get from SSK can't be beat. They are very good people to deal with and will treat you right.
Jimmy

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
maplehillgraphics said:
Wow! Thats quite a compliment toward the Cibercut software, Fred! On my computer the windows task bar is visible and I can minimize it. Actually, I have it open right now.

Above all - Glad the software and the cutter has worked out for you!

Thanks everyone! I'm thinkin about just goin with Cibercut.:thankyou:

Not sure what was going on last night, but this morning it is functioning like a normal Windows application and my task bar is available. So disregard my one observation about that.

Well, I went to a local sign suppier today and tried out Flexi. I've heard good things everywhere I go, but I now believe everything I've heard is understated! I thought Flexi was great! I'm sold! Everything about it was much more simple and much faster than the Cibercut and other software I've used.