• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OCE Arizona 360GT Stops while printing

Mariocesar

Hi, at the beginning carriage stoped just when was about to enter the flatbed, error on the screen " carriage error message " then I cleared and start printing ok, that happen once every other day, now is stopping in the middle of printing a job, no good because I have to discard the substrate, now the problem is our technician take forever to come and we need the machine running, do you know a professional reliable technician I can call, if you do please let me know, I'm in NJ.

Thanks & Stay Safe!

StarSign

Are the rails, clean, lubricated? Check for dust bunny's that can get trapped in places. Check the encoder strip for contamination and don't forget to empty that waste ink, if that gets too full I have had it cause problems.

Mariocesar

Thank you StarSign, rail is clean but I don't see lubricated, I clean the encoder, waste ink container is empty, do you know any good tech support, I'm in NJ.

THX

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
i bet it's the cat5/6 ethernet cable that goes from the onboard pc to the carrage.
If you get one long enough, like a 5m or 10m one. you can temporarily replace it and see if that's the issue.

Just open the carriage, unplug the cable, plug yours in.
Then go to the PC part and unplug the onboard cable and plug yours in,
(while it's off of course)

AlsEU

Is this the carriage motion error or gantry motion error? Is it always in the same place of the table or in different places? Generally, motion error may be an effect of many different issues - motor, coupling, encoder, electronic boards, cables etc. Could you generate a log from the printer?

Mariocesar

Is this the carriage motion error or gantry motion error? Is it always in the same place of the table or in different places? Generally, motion error may be an effect of many different issues - motor, coupling, encoder, electronic boards, cables etc. Could you generate a log from the printer?
Hi, started on one place just when is about to enter the flat bed, now is stoping any where, do you know any reliable technician?

Thanks

AlsEU

I know, but none of them works in the US :omg2:. I'm from Europe, don't know any technicians from the States.
If the problem appears more often, maybe it's the data transmission cable between the mainboard and the carriage. It's the Firewire cable and it breaks in time. Could you give here an exact error description (or the photo of the screen with the error)?
I'm afraid that without the technician (or at least the SDS key) you won't solve the problem...

DGS CP JD09029

CEDgraphics
Hi, at the beginning carriage stoped just when was about to enter the flatbed, error on the screen " carriage error message " then I cleared and start printing ok, that happen once every other day, now is stopping in the middle of printing a job, no good because I have to discard the substrate, now the problem is our technician take forever to come and we need the machine running, do you know a professional reliable technician I can call, if you do please let me know, I'm in NJ.

Thanks & Stay Safe!
Apply grease on the railings.

Deymos1981

this is a 100% Fire wire cable. When the cable breaks, various errors can pop up: "Z axis error" , "Gantry motion error" ets. The problem is precisely in him. You can buy an original one www.digiprint-supplies.com , or you can order a cheap one at AlIexpress. A temporary solution to the problem, while a new one is coming, take out the cable and turn it 180 degrees. Change places ...

Kakaye

Moi également j'ai le même problème, le portique n'arrive pas à s'initialiser. Le message d'erreur du portique apparaît à chaque fois que l'imprimante s'initialise

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Moi également j'ai le même problème, le portique n'arrive pas à s'initialiser. Le message d'erreur du portique apparaît à chaque fois que l'imprimante s'initialise
"I too have the same problem, the gate fails to initialize. Gantry error message appears every time printer initializes"

We just had the same problem this week too. To fix ours we turned the machine off completely, then unplugged both ends of the Firewire cable, plugged them both back in.
We also did the same for all the CAT5 cables coming out of the controller card on the motherboard. This managed to get us back online.

Thanks & Stay Safe!
I read all posts. This is not Cat5 cable. This is fireware cable.
So ...
How the machine stops:
1. Does the carriage lift?
2. Do you hear two beeps?
Generate a log, please!

Kakaye

"J'ai moi aussi le même problème, la porte ne s'initialise pas. Un message d'erreur de portique apparaît à chaque initialisation de l'imprimante"

Nous venons d'avoir le même problème cette semaine aussi. Pour réparer le nôtre, nous avons complètement éteint la machine, puis débranché les deux outils du câble Firewire, puis rebranché les deux.
Nous avons également fait de même pour tous les câbles CAT5 sortant de la carte contrôleur de la carte mère. Cela a réussi à nous remettre en ligne

"J'ai moi aussi le même problème, la porte ne s'initialise pas. Un message d'erreur de portique apparaît à chaque initialisation de l'imprimante"

Nous venons d'avoir le même problème cette semaine aussi. Pour réparer le nôtre, nous avons complètement éteint la machine, puis débranché les deux extrémités du câble Firewire, puis rebranché les deux.
Nous avons également fait de même pour tous les câbles CAT5 sortant de la carte contrôleur de la carte mère. Cela a réussi à nous remettre en ligne.
J'ai suivi vos conseils mais malheureusement elle ne marche pas et j'ai même changé le câble firewire toujours pareil. Le même message d'erreur s'affiche à l'écran . Dans le menu service and diagnostics la machine affiche GANTRY MOVE FAILED

Attachments

• IMG_20220623_144008.jpg
    IMG_20220623_144008.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20220622_174851.jpg
    IMG_20220622_174851.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 161

AlsEU

J'ai suivi vos conseils mais malheureusement elle ne marche pas et j'ai même changé le câble firewire toujours pareil. Le même message d'erreur s'affiche à l'écran . Dans le menu service and diagnostics la machine affiche GANTRY MOVE FAILED
If you can't move the gantry with the new Firewire cable, the problem is somewhere else. It may be:
- gantry linear encoder scale
- gantry encoder read head
- gantry linear motor
- gantry PBA
- pulleys at both ends of the gantry belt
- gantry may also be not perpendicular to the table, which may create tension and the firmware detects this as a resistance and shows an error
Check, if the encoder read head shows the green LED along the whole length of the scale - if the firmware doesn't know, where the gantry is, it won't move it. I'm not sure if the motor is brushless, but check this, because very often old brushes are too short to work correctly. Any other checks may require a service visit.

Kakaye

Merci de m'avoir répondu et envoyé votre aide. Effectivement j'ai vérifié les deux encodeurs gauche et droit ils s'allument verts j'ai même remplacé un croyant qu'il est devenu mais c'est toujours le même. Mais ce que vous de dire c'est que je sens une petite résistance au niveau du portique surtout le côté droit du portique donc je vais essayer de revoir toutes les recommandations que vous pourriez éventuellement avoir dans votre réponse.
Promo, Comment faire pour rendre le portique perpendiculaire à la table, segundo je ne sais pas la position des poulies aux deux efforts, PBA du portique (PBA du portique c'est quoi) et ainsi le moteur linéaire. Merci infiniment
NB : j'ai vérifié les valeurs des deux moteurs pour le déplacement du portique, la valeur normale, je crois que c'est 0.1 si je ne me trompe pas. MERCI

If you can't move the gantry with the new Firewire cable, the problem is somewhere else. It may be:
- gantry linear encoder scale
- gantry encoder read head
- gantry linear motor
- gantry PBA
- pulleys at both ends of the gantry belt
- gantry may also be not perpendicular to the table, which may create tension and the firmware detects this as a resistance and shows an error
Check, if the encoder read head shows the green LED along the whole length of the scale - if the firmware doesn't know, where the gantry is, it won't move it. I'm not sure if the motor is brushless, but check this, because very often old brushes are too short to work correctly. Any other checks may require a service visit.
The motor is not brushless. If this is new model, to check is mandatory. If you have only two brushes(not 4), the problem is not there.

So ...
First check(after the motors servo is off) can you freely move the carriage and gantry by hand.
If no ... look for mechanical problems.
If yes ...
Check the encoder sensors from SDS. Only green light is not enough. You can check the sensors from SDS. This is the correct way.
Check the clutch between motors and belts pulleys. Check that they don't scroll. For cracks and so on ...
Check for gantry stress. SDS again.
In the end if you enter in SDS, looks and the last menu. Last 100 errors. Do you have errors about carriage board, Z-Axis motor and a lot of different errors.
If yes change fireware cable, but before to enter in igus chain connect directly.

The machine will stop whenever something different than expected happens.
Does the carriage lift when the machine stops or does it just stop somewhere.
Generate log. This is super easy.