• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona 550XT Carriage motion error - Help!

Afroartist

What do you mean by handbrake?
We need to create a diagnostic plan because otherwise we'll be going around in circles for days.
The RMO is another machine synchronized to work towards the table.
The roll part has a different control of the motors.
The two machines meet at the Data Relay Board.

I'll ask again. How and when did the machine start behaving this way?
I want you to generate the logs from the UI because I can open the database at my place and see everything that has happened to this machine since day 1.

There is some problem in the printer's operation logic. Then when the carriage is expected to stop and go back at the table it just keeps going and hits the end.
The roll part is a little different for some reason I just can't think of. So I want to look at the logs, but not what you posted here.

The direction of travel is changed by the group of power transistors located on the gantry board(Pulse with modulation), on the system board and on the small board to the left of the system board. The small one is only available at ХТ. If half the group of transistors does not work correctly, all sorts of stupid things are possible.

So I want you to run an older file from the registry. Back up this one and double click on the older file. Just for a sample. You can always return the last one if you created it. It's easy and quick.
Ask if you do not know hot to do this. It is very easy.

And so ...
Everything goes into the data relay board, but we can think of the printer as several separate machines.
I want to find out if the problem is in the management or in the executive part (PWM).
You have no problem with the movement of the beam. This group in system board work correctly.
The carriage and RMO are run by other groups.
About hand braking:
I start typing on the table.
The gantry comes to the desired position.
The carriage starts to drive to the starting position and at this point I start to hold her down a bit with my hand. Giving it a little resistance/braking.
And as a result of this, the error does not occur! If I manage to do it on the reverse carriage stroke, the error does not occur either!

netsol

Ok, I'll try to make a register and check the indicator all the way through the encoder.
But still, why does the roll work then? And why does hand braking work?!
it may do EXACTLY THE SAME functions rigid or roll, but with slightly different time delay? (or braking current value?)
or perhaps loading different set of defaults?

Afroartist

What do you mean by handbrake?
We need to create a diagnostic plan because otherwise we'll be going around in circles for days.
The RMO is another machine synchronized to work towards the table.
The roll part has a different control of the motors.
The two machines meet at the Data Relay Board.

I'll ask again. How and when did the machine start behaving this way?
I want you to generate the logs from the UI because I can open the database at my place and see everything that has happened to this machine since day 1.

There is some problem in the printer's operation logic. Then when the carriage is expected to stop and go back at the table it just keeps going and hits the end.
The roll part is a little different for some reason I just can't think of. So I want to look at the logs, but not what you posted here.

The direction of travel is changed by the group of power transistors located on the gantry board(Pulse with modulation), on the system board and on the small board to the left of the system board. The small one is only available at ХТ. If half the group of transistors does not work correctly, all sorts of stupid things are possible.

So I want you to run an older file from the registry. Back up this one and double click on the older file. Just for a sample. You can always return the last one if you created it. It's easy and quick.
Ask if you do not know hot to do this. It is very easy.

And so ...
Everything goes into the data relay board, but we can think of the printer as several separate machines.
I want to find out if the problem is in the management or in the executive part (PWM).
You have no problem with the movement of the beam. This group in system board work correctly.
The carriage and RMO are run by other groups.
About hand braking:
The carriage starts to drive to the starting position and at this point I start to hold her down a bit with my hand. Giving it a little resistance/braking.
And as a result of this, the error does not occur! If I manage to do it on the reverse carriage stroke, the error does not occur either!

About hand braking:
Try to find gantry board just for test.
I have no way of knowing what force you are applying, but the machine monitors the current consumption of the motors. If there is anything different than expected it should stop and generate an error.
Take a look at last option in SDS Last 100 errors or just send me this 3 folders which I have been asking you to send for several days :).
You will have a hard time without parts. Sometimes parts need to be replaced to find the problem faster.
It is not impossible to have a problem with the group of transistors on the left and in the middle of the gantry board (PWM). If one of these transistors isn't working correctly, you'll end up with something like this. They also reverse the direction of movement.
Type in Google Pulse with modulation scheme and you will understand what I mean. Can't be sure that only one of them is damaged, but you can buy these transistors from the store. They are cheap.
The fastest way is to find Gantry board and change it for test. Change the registry first. It is so easy for test.
In the end you may have two different problems with one effect. Happens very rаре but happens. This is where we start guessing, and that's not the right direction.
The problem is very general and can affect different systems in the machine, and we can safely start from the software. It is definitely common to the table and roll part. The registers describe all values for both. Just try it.