• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Odd CoCut issue

letterman7

Been using CoCut for years from Summa. Went to plot a file this morning and the cutter simply drew a rectangle - blade up - around the area that the plot would have occupied. There was no bounding border on the items selected. Tried it again on another file and the same thing happened. I have a call into Summa tech for ideas, in the meantime I'm using the Winplot as a backup system, but I hate having to export and save the files to do that. Anyone have an idea? It's a fairly recent version of CoCut.. not the latest.. and I think it was a download rather than a CD, which makes things rather difficult to reload.

letterman7

Fixed

A simple thing that just never occurred to me; Summa tech called and suggested the first line of defense - remove and reinstall the plotter, which resets the driver. Instant fix. Weird things happen when computers sit over a weekend!

letterman7

Especially if windows is allowed to update without your permission.
Yep. Weird thing is, the computer is supposed to do that - no updates without my input first - but from time to time it will update anyway (critical updates, it says). I hate it when I come to the office in the morning and find my startup screen sitting there...