• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OEM vehicle wraps coming from Ford

CheapVehicleWrap

Todd, so are you suggesting that by installing for no profit it can be made up in quantity like WalMart? FYI, WalMart is the largest corporation in the world and has posted some very bleak numbers as of late.

JESSE WALKER

WOW, I actually was considering going to Lowen and spending what looks like over 3000 on the classes,VERY hard to justify that now after reading this thread.

am I reading too much into what has been said here? Maybe I am just reading things out of context. I hope so.

CentralSigns

As soon as you teach them to INSTALL, they take off for greener pastures. Once they're gone, they realize the phone just doesn't ring by itself, and usually come back.
The people that are bitching about the price going down are the ones that are causing it.
As for me, its still a game of supply and demand. "Can I train more than will quit?" If so, the price goes down. This is math; Its absolute.

So, to answer your question. Im happy with 1/10 pricing because I can still make money. This is VERY scaleable, This is business...

I don't get your pricing question answer. The ones bitching are the ones causing the lower prices. Hum how does that work. Why destroy a market that is driven by the customer.

The impact of the low pricing could totally destroy the vinyl sign industry as we know it. Wraps become the low price product and the business community decides we can wrap anything including signs. Then they expect the same low price for anything and everything. Not a future I want. Do you even have a shop or are you only an installer nowadays, cause you soon will be. Printed vinyl will be the only product to exist in the new sign world.

Can't imagine how I would be able to afford a warm place to work, under your business model. The cost of a shop is funded out of the extra charges for everything on my end. You must be working out of your garage, Zoo. Without a small markup on every job, a heated shop is not an option. I'm sure that the 1/10 plan doesn't cover that cost. By vinyl supplier installation guidelines temperatures must be well above zero during install for most brands. I guess up here in Canada the window to do wraps outside would be less than 5 months in some areas. How will you pay for your shop

Walker noted in his thread that the costs to become one with Lo-one was over $3000. Imagine the cost coming down from Canada for the training, then the certification. With meals and hotels and training one could be looking at $5-10K. Does the 1/10 business plan give a small payback to cover these costs on each job.

I know how Lo-one is planning to make their living. They will never have to do anther wrap and continue to reap hefty profits doing training for thousands of installers who won't be able to make a living.

Think on these fool!!!

kstompaint

Do your research. www.SignZoo.com. You can also find me listed directly on the 3M site as a Preferred Installer... Im the only 'Todd' listed in FL from a SignZoo...
Climb down off your high horse for a minute. I'm not about to waste a minute of my day googling somebody's S101 screen name. It's no surprise that you and Lowen are on the same team here, the attitude seems to match perfectly.

How can you possibly blame "the ones that are bitching about it" for killing the market? The mass install driven business model with no emphasis on design or production are doing that.

ZooTodd

Nice.:rolleyes: You're coming off as a real turd here. Maybe we should call you ZooTurd.

I love it! Occasionally I come off that way, but Im not one to massage the truth. Its up to you to decide if thats a skill, or a lack of...
Ive been told both...

ZooTodd

It's no surprise that you and Lowen are on the same team here, the attitude seems to match perfectly.

How can you possibly blame "the ones that are bitching about it" for killing the market? The mass install driven business model with no emphasis on design or production are doing that.

LOL. Right. We're shooting for you....

ZooTodd

for killing the market? The mass install driven business model with no emphasis on design or production are doing that.

FYI - I did 350k in wraps this month, 1.2 million this year. My market is pretty healthy...
Id share my profit (at 2 per sq ft, but you'd really cry)

ZooTodd

Todd, so are you suggesting that by installing for no profit it can be made up in quantity like WalMart? FYI, WalMart is the largest corporation in the world and has posted some very bleak numbers as of late.

LOL. I get it. I hate Wal-Mart and what they stand for.
Im nothing like Wal-Mart. Im a sign guy, that enjoys applying vinyl and teaching people to do the same. I dont accept sloppy workmanship, no matter what position you hold.

As far as profit, we are doing the best we can. I dont control the market, but I do consider it an opportunity to make some money. If I insisted it was worth ($10-15) or whatever, the 'market' will leave me behind. The reality is, SOME people have figured out how to make money off it, some haven't.

But specifially, Im suggesting that you CAN profit. Profit is the result of less going out than coming in. There are many ways to make this a true statement.

941.224.9092 (If anybody wants to a personal reference...)

ZooTodd

I don't get your pricing question answer. The ones bitching are the ones causing the lower prices. Hum how does that work.

Can't imagine how I would be able to afford a warm place to work, under your business model. The cost of a shop is funded out of the extra charges for everything on my end. You must be working out of your garage, Zoo.

Think on these fool!!!

YOU probably couldn't afford a warm place, as you are not very smart.
I will give you a tour of any one of my facilities, if you wish; And when you're done, I'll give you a tour of the bottom side of my desk!

Now would Matt Lowen say that to you?

ProWraps

this thread should be titled:
"a lesson on how to make your well respected company look like shit"

depressing to say the least.

dwt

I will give you a tour of any one of my facilities, if you wish; And when you're done, I'll give you a tour of the bottom side of my desk!

Can this thread sink any lower? The reality is that for every graphic sold at the dealership 10 will get done by a local provider. Why? Because for the end cost for the consumer will be about the same.

I saw this same scenario play out 10years ago with window tinting. All it did was raise awareness drive more $$ into local shops.

kstompaint

Wow. It amazes me that some people can be such apparent arrogant asses, and apparently not even realize they're doing it.

ZooTodd

Does the 1/10 business plan give a small payback to cover these costs on each job.

I know how Lo-one is planning to make their living. They will never have to do anther wrap and continue to reap hefty profits doing training for thousands of installers who won't be able to make a living.

Think on these fool!!!

Does ANY business 'payback to cover cost'? Hell no! This is the game you reference, sucking at - projections and profit.

You dont know shit! Lowen isn't writing your business plan, and they could care less if you can make YOUR living. Why should they? Budweiser and Frito-Lay could care less if you SPEND too much!

The bottom line is, If you can't do it, I have an 'A-Level" installer right down the street that can, and would love to. He's probably your disgruntled employee! Disturbing, yes. But true.
If you dont understand how I make money doing it, I'll have my guy show you next time he's in town...

ZooTodd

Can this thread sink any lower? The reality is that for every graphic sold at the dealership 10 will get done by a local provider. Why? Because for the end cost for the consumer will be about the same.

I saw this same scenario play out 10years ago with window tinting. All it did was raise awareness drive more $$ into local shops.

Thats EXACTLY right! Well said. But in the meantime...

dwt

In the meantime young installers will slaughter themselves for peanuts and leave a path of returns and warranty issues at the dealerships.

After a while the end consumer will want to work with an owner/operator instead of waiting for the "regional tech" to make his way back around to fix his service vehicle that sits idle for a week.

I'm sure you'll make a plenty-o-dough. Fresh blood is always cheap and never in short supply. Congrats on setting the money mousetrap.

CentralSigns

YOU probably couldn't afford a warm place, as you are not very smart.

Now would Matt Lowen say that to you?

I never attacked your character WTF. I wish Ford could see what their new business partners are like in the real world. Would they continue to use one so arrogant and so willing to attack other sign companies and their owners character. I doubt it. Your a real piece of work Zoo and next time I want someone to promote my business I'll hire you.

SqueeGee

It's pretty disappointing to see the lack of professionalism in this thread. The fact that it's coming from people who, from all outward appearances, have achieved commercial success in their respective businesses makes it that much more shocking to me.

I wonder if this is the way that they lead their employees, interact with their vendors, and service their clients.

CentralSigns

Your right Squeegee. What is the world coming too. Such high regard for young installers or installers in general, this must be how they treated all aspects of their business, to get to the top. There is no end to the shots at me here, kind of wishing I hadn't got sucked into participating in this thread. If this is what success turns you into, I'd rather not be successful. I hope reps from Ford have a read of this forum, and realize who they are in bed with.

andy

FYI - I did 350k in wraps this month, 1.2 million this year. My market is pretty healthy...
Id share my profit (at 2 per sq ft, but you'd really cry)

What does this translate to in terms of square footage?

To "earn" 350 grand from this Lowen installation scheme you'd have to lay down 175,000 square feet of vinyl in a month... almost 10,000 square feet for every working day. To actually earn 1.2 million quid you'd have to wrap 2.4 million square feet of vinyl per year. Hardly realistic don't you think?

How much the wraps are "worth" is totally irrelevant to the installers you are trying to recruit.... if you printed a 1000 sq ft wrap in Pure Gold and sold it for 350 grand the installer still only gets paid 2 grand.

If you installed 10,000 square feet of vinyl in one month then you earned 20,000 in installation fees... not bad money. What this has got to do with 350 grand is beyond me? You don't sell the graphics, you don't produce them... all you get paid for is the installation so the only relevant figure is the total square footage applied.