• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Office Depot - TCOB font

grafixemporium

Anyone know what the "taking care of business" font is?

thanks!

Attachments

• office-depot.jpg
    office-depot.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 360

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I ran a database comparison against the 40,000 fonts I have stored and there was no match. It is probably a proprietary font and not commercially available.

grafixemporium

You're a genius Tiki! Thanks!

Fred, do you have a program to sort/search your fonts? What is it? I desperately need something to help manage my fonts.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
whatthefont.com is helpful...

They can be if it's a font sold by MyFonts.com.

You're a genius Tiki! Thanks!

Fred, do you have a program to sort/search your fonts? What is it? I desperately need something to help manage my fonts.

I use a combination of a font identification program named FontExpert and a font previewing/management application named TypoGraf. I also co-authored and published the first application (FontFinder) ever developed that identified unknown type from a printed sample in 1994. We were also the North American master distributor for FontExpert for a couple of years until Digital Art Solutions won their contract. FontFinder is no longer on the market and neither is FontExpert.

The reason for this may surprise you. Simply put, sign makers, printers, designers did not feel the need existed sufficiently to purchase a license for either. In fact, the professional forensic document examiners community bought more licenses for FontFinder than did the sign making and print industries combined even though the application received excellent reviews from both Publish and Sign Business magazines and was well advertised and presented at the NESA Expo (now ISA) in 1994. Among our customers were the FBI, the Secret Service, the National Security Agency, the Dept. of Defense and lots of crime labs and independent forensic document examiners. It was accurate enough to tell the difference between Adobe's version of Goudy Old Style and 11 other foundry's versions.

The sign guys and gals looked at it and basically said "ho hum" or "it isn't easy enough" and did not buy. When we came to market with FontExpert, it was deja vu all over again even though the application was much more comprehensive and user friendly. The folks who have pretty much a daily need to identify type did not buy. At this point the publishers of FontExpert have moved on and a great tool is gone.

But if you do a search for a post by me using FontExpert as your keyword, I have explained how I identify type in some detail. It isn't all that hard but it also takes some willingness to study type design and learn its history and classification nomenclature to even begin to do it efficiently.

If you care to delve into some of the basics of type, here's a link to a page on my main website that may be of some help. Be sure to follow the links on the page to some additional information and some one line showings of 5000 typefaces with some basic classification applied to them.

And always remember that he who dies with the most fonts, wins. :Cool 2:

ProWraps

woops. cant a little guy like me dream?!?! i guess thats what happens when you scroll faster than you can read. ugh im getting old :(

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
woops. cant a little guy like me dream?!?!

A father and son stood side by side at a public urinal. The boy looked up at his dad and asked, "Daddy, when will I be able to hold mine in all four fingers?"

Dad looked down and said, "Son, it looks like you are."

The boy replied, "Yeah, but I'm peeing on three of them."

ProWraps

heh, ive heard that one, and im with you. prefer to WALK down and f*ck them all. just dont tell them about the pee on three of my fingers :clapping: :ROFLMAO: :thumb: :Big Laugh