• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Office/Shop Phone Headset Advice... please, i'm in pain!

GypsyGraphics

I've been look for a comfortable headset solution and i'm at the point where i think what i want just doesn't exist!

I wear my headset ALL day, can't stand holding a phone to my ear! Not to mention the fact that i need to be able to work while on the phone. Between just answering the phone, client's wanting conference calls rather than meetings and collaborative work... I JUST HAVE TO FIND A LESS PAINFUL SOLUTION!

My frustration and discomfort is affecting my work. I was actually mean to someone yesterday after an hour long call, that i shouldn't have been having in the first place, but didn't have the patients for because i couldn't take wearing the ear piece another minute.

I'd have liked to make this brief, so you'll actually read it, but i also don't want to waste the time of those willing to offer advice. So, i'll describe what i need and what i've tried.

What I'd Like Is:
to be able to wear the most comfortable bluetooth headset on the planet, the Sound ID 510. Even thought there seem to be nothing holding it in place, I can do cart wheels while wearing this thing and it doesn't budge. I can wear it comfortable for 10 hours, no problemo.
But: all the desk phones that are blue tooth enabled, are enabled from the base, which means i can't go into the shop with out being out of range. I've tried two products that supposedly make a regular phone bluetooth enabled, neither worked at all.

What I'm Doing Now:
Cordless handset with extensions and pretty good range
But: i can't find a single eared headset that fits my puny head/ear, that stays in place and most importantly isn't painful by the end of the day.

I feel like i've researched this thing to death, have purchased at least 10 headsets in the past few months and still no luck.

If you're on the phone for hours and have found something that works well, i'd sure appreciate your advice!

Firefox

Do you have a receptionist answer your calls or do you answer all the calls?

If someone else answers calls on your phone system can they call forward your calls to your blue tooth cell phone?

If you answer all the incoming calls could it be forwarded to your cell?

If any of the above is possible is there a comfortable blue tooth option available that works with your cell?

If forwarding to your cell is not an option kindly disregard! Just a thought.

GypsyGraphics

Do you have a receptionist answer your calls or do you answer all the calls?
well ummm... for the purpose of this thread, let's just say NO on the receptionist... i answer all my own calls.

If forwarding to your cell is not an option kindly disregard! Just a thought.
i'm sorry, firefox... that would have been pertinent info to include.
forwarding to my cell isn't an option, needs to be my landline

Firefox

It seems that someone would make a BT enabled cordless handset. That was kinda the thought process of using phone system to call forward to the cell.

Oh well Maybe my dumb idea will spark someone to think up a good one. :popcorn:

GypsyGraphics

Have you tried a Bluetooth antenna?
I tried the a Jabra bluetooth receiver, thought it was going to be the perfect solution. when it didn't work i called Jabra and they said it a discontinued item and no longer supported.

Also tried, Miccus BluBridge mini-jack.. turned out to be a transmitter but not a receiver, so would work for listening to music but not to make a call.

my searches were for things like, bluetooth adapter, bluetooth transmitter and bluetooth land lines.... hadn't thought to search the words "bluetooth antenna" ... but I WILL NOW!!!!

Do you know of a specific one to look for?

Firefox

If a cordless phone works around your shop this might work for you.

It is a Bluetooth enabled cordless handset that lets you use it to answer your land line and cell phone, that may be in another room, as well as use a BT headset for cord free talking.

http://www.gizmag.com/go/8153/

GypsyGraphics

It seems that someone would make a BT enabled cordless handset. That was kinda the thought process of using phone system to call forward to the cell.

Oh well Maybe my dumb idea will spark someone to think up a good one. :popcorn:

NOT A DUMB IDEA AT ALL FIREFOX!!!!

i spent quite a while with a salesperson yesterday who helped me search and couldn't believe that one wasn't available either.

also called Hello Direct... was initially told yes they had several... but as they searched, they were surprised to find not one of their bluetooth cordless phone ACTUALLY had a cordless bluetooth! only the main base had bluetooth and you had to be within 30" for it to work.

HaroldDesign

I tried the a Jabra bluetooth receiver, thought it was going to be the perfect solution. when it didn't work i called Jabra and they said it a discontinued item and no longer supported.

Also tried, Miccus BluBridge mini-jack.. turned out to be a transmitter but not a receiver, so would work for listening to music but not to make a call.

my searches were for things like, bluetooth adapter, bluetooth transmitter and bluetooth land lines.... hadn't thought to search the words "bluetooth antenna" ... but I WILL NOW!!!!

Do you know of a specific one to look for?

Wish I did! I don't use one. It's just something I thought of and saw that they exist!

...I'd try this one I think
http://www.xpcgear.com/usbbt100.html

Rojo

I use this Plantronics system with their behind the neck band. I let it hang around my neck when not in use. When the phone rings I lift it onto my ears. I couldn't wear it on my ear all day. Not cheap. They say a 300' range. I get about 50'. Too much conflicting electronics I think. Sound quality within range is great. Cheaper places to get it than Plantronics.

http://www.plantronics.com/north_am...fice/wireless-headsets/cs55n-with-hl10-lifter

http://www.plantronics.com/north_am...adset-accessories/neckband-for-cs50-cs55-cs60

Firefox

It is a Bluetooth enabled cordless handset that lets you use it to answer your land line and cell phone, that may be in another room, as well as use a BT headset for cord free talking.

You may be right about this one also I didn't look to see if it was the base that had the BT!

Bummer!

GypsyGraphics

Just read the users manual for that phone:
Operate your Bluetooth device within 12 feet from the telephone base.

this is what's making it so difficult... most bluetooth cordless phone seem like the perfect solution... until you read the fine print and see you have to stay next to the base for the bluetooth feature to work.

Firefox

Just read the users manual for that phone:
Operate your Bluetooth device within 12 feet from the telephone base.

this is what's making it so difficult... most bluetooth cordless phone seem like the perfect solution... until you read the fine print and see you have to stay next to the base for the bluetooth feature to work.

POO I say :Oops:

signage

Why don't you get someone to run a phone wire to you office/Garage so that the base unit can be in the same room?

GypsyGraphics

Why don't you get someone to run a phone wire to you office/Garage so that the base unit can be in the same room?
i work in three location all with phone jacks already, i would have to have a bluetooth base for each location. a little expensive but still, might be worth it!

can you have 3 of the same cordless systems and not have them conflict with each other?